Human-wildlife conflict refers to interaction between wild animals and people and resultant negative impact on people or their resources, or wild animals or their habitat. According to data from the Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change, conflict with wild animals (mostly elephants and tigers), has killed more than 1,100 people across India between 2014 and 2017.
Causes of Man-Animal conflict:
- Habitat fragmentation and sinking of habitat.
- Growing area for cultivation near wildlife.
- Poaching of herbivores led to decrease in the the prey base fro carnivores.
- Growing livestock population and decreasing prey base in the wildlife habitat tempt carnivores to come outside and hence led to conflict.
- Climate change
Impact of Man-Animal conflict:
- Loss of life
- Crop damage
- Loss of livestock
- Damage to human property
- Disruption to daily life
APPSC GROUP 1 Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APPSC GROUP 1 Notes are as follows:-
- APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Tests and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022