Infrastructure of Rajasthan
- Extensive, efficient and quality infrastructure network, mainly including electricity, transportation and communication is the prime requirement for sustainable and inclusive growth of almost all sectors of the economy.
- High class infrastructure certainly accelerates the pace of development. Now, when the Indian economy is emerging as a fast growing economy, the Government of Rajasthan has also taken several initiatives for the growth and development in infrastructure sector.
- It is evident by the fact that the total road length in the state which was just 13,553 km in 1949 has reached to 2,17,707 km by March, 2016 as an outcome of the efforts of the State Government.
- Similarly in power sector, the installed capacity which was just 1,328.00 MW in 1981-82 has gone up to 17,894.18 MW in December 2016.
- In railway sector the length of railway routes in the state has reached to 5,898 km at the end of March 2015 and in postal and telecommunication sector number of post offices in the state was 10,318 at the end of 2015-16.
POWER SECTOR OF RAJASTHAN
- Power sector of India as also of Rajasthan is one of the most diversified system in the world.
- Sources of power generation range from conventional sources such as coal, lignite, natural gas, oil, hydro and nuclear power to viable non-conventional sources, such as wind, solar and agriculture & domestic waste.
- The main sources of energy generation in the State are Kota and Suratgarh Thermal Projects, Dholpur Gas Thermal Project, Mahi Hydel, Wind farms, Biomass, Captive Power Plants, Bhakra, Vyas, Chambal, Satpura Inter-State Partnership Projects Rajasthan Atomic Power Project and Singroli, Rihand, Dadri, Anta, Auriya, Dadri Gas plants, Unchahar thermal, and Tanakpur, Salal, Chamera and Uri hydel projects from Central Sector.
- The installed capacity of the State as on March, 2016 was 17,439.78 MW. The total increase in installed capacity during the year 2016-17 (upto December, 2016) is 454.40 MW.
- As such; the installed capacity as on December, 2016 was 17,894.18 MW.
RENEWABLE ENERGY OF RAJASTHAN
- Rajasthan Renewable Energy Corporation Ltd. (RRECL) is the State Nodal Agency of Ministry of New and Renewable Energy for generation of energy from non-conventional energy sources in the State and is also the State Designated Agency for promoting energy efficiency and energy conservation.
- The Government of Rajasthan had launched the “Rajasthan Solar Energy Policy-2014” on 08.10.2014 and has also made amendments in the Wind Policy in March, 2014 for better development of wind power generation in the State.
ROAD DEVELOPMENT IN RAJASTHAN
- While significant advances have been made in improving the road network in the state in the recent years, yet there are huge gaps which need to be considered.
- By keeping in view of this objective, the State Government is committed and endeavor to improve the road infrastructure in the State in coming years.
- The total road length which was just 13,553 km in 1949 increased to 2,17,707.25 km upto March, 2016.
- The road density in the state is 63.61 km per 100 sq. km at the end of 31March, 2016, which is much below the national average of 166.47 km.
RAILWAYS IN RAJASTHAN
- The total length of railway routes in the State was 5,870 km in March, 2014, which increased by 28 km and reaches 5,898 km at the end of March, 2015.
- The Railway length in State is 8.93 per cent of all India route length.
AIRWAYS IN RAJASTHAN
- There are three main airports at Rajasthan- Jaipur International Airport, Jodhpur Airport, Udaipur Airport and recently started Bikaner Airport.
- These airports connect Rajasthan with the major cities of India such as Delhi and Mumbai.
- There are two other airports in Jaisalmer, Kota but are not open for commercial/civilian flights yet.
- One more airport at Kishangarh, Ajmer .i.e. Kishangarh Airport is being constructed by the Airport Authority of India.
POSTAL & TELECOMMUNICATION SERVICES IN RAJASTHAN
- Telecommunication is one of the prime support services needed for rapid growth and modernization of various sectors of the economy.
- It has become more important in recent years because of the rapid growth of information technology and its significant impact on the economy.
- Postal and telecommunication services are instrumental to develop the economy and to provide communication connectivity among various areas, segments and communities in the State.
- The total number of post offices in the State was 10,318 and Telephone Exchanges were 2,099 at the end of March, 2016.
INDUSTRIES DEVELOPMENT IN RAJASTHAN
- Commissionerate of Industries is the nodal department with prime motive to promote the development of industries and handicrafts in the State and providing necessary guidance, assistance and facilities for industrial activities.
- Presently, 36 District Industries Centres and 8 sub-centres are working in the State for providing inputs and other facilities to the entrepreneurs.
- Development of industries has the vast potential of providing substantial employment and generating the income and improving the standard of living and over all well being of people. Rajasthan had inherited poor status in respect of development of industries.
- Hence, to boost up the economy of the State through planned development, both the State Government and the private sector are making sincere and dedicated efforts for speedy development of various type of Industries, since the very beginning of five year plans.
- Industrialization is considered one of the foremost modus to stimulate the overall growth of the country.
- “Make in Rajasthan”, the endeavor for industrial accretion in the State, has emerged on the same ground of industrial revolution, the “Make in India” in the country.
- For substantial employment generation, revenue creation and contribution to State Domestic Product, industrial sector of the State is committed towards.
- Various departments/corporations /agencies are functional in the state to promote industrial development and for facilitating establishment and expansion of small, medium and large scale industries and meeting their various requirements, either directly or by discharging the responsibility as the strong facilitators.
Mineral Administration and Development of Mineral Resources
- The Mineral Administration Wing is engaged in granting minerals concessions, collection of revenue, ensures proper development of mines and mineral properties, protection of environment and conservation of minerals by way of regular inspections and proper guidance to the lease holders.
- There are 156 Number of mining leases for major minerals and 15,318 mining leases for minor minerals and 18,103 quarry licenses exist in the state.
- APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Tests and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022