- Dudhsagar Dairy to get registered as multi-state co-op society
- The Mehsana District Co-operative Milk Producers’ Union Limited popularly known as Dudhsagar Dairy on Sunday resolved that it will register itself as a multi-state cooperative society.
- The dairy’s management is arguing that it is procuring around 10 lakh litres milk per day from milk producers of Rajasthan. But since the milk producers of the neighbouring state are not registered, the dairy cannot extend the privileges that it provides to other registered members.
- Russia has successfully tested Akademik Lomonosov
- Russiahas successfully tested the world’s first floating nuclear power plant (NPP), Akademik Lomonosov. Reactors of the floating atomic block were launched in November 2018. The tests confirmed the operational stability of the main and auxiliary equipment for the plant will be the world’s first fully commercial operational floating nuclear power plant. All automatic process and control systems were tested successfully.
- Akademik Lomonosovwas built at a shipyard in St.Petersburg since 2008 and was last summer towed around Scandinavia to Murmansk where the uranium fuel elements were loaded into the two reactors and testing now has been going on for nearly a year. The plant will be towed out of Murmansk towards Pevek along the Northern Sea Route during the sailing season 2019. Providing 70 MW electricity and 300 MW head, the Akademik Lomonosov will replace the existing Bilbino nuclear heat- and electricity plant in Pevek.
- Malaysia to revive 2nd major China-linked project
- Malaysia resumed a China-backed rail link project after the Chinese contractor agreed to cut the construction cost by one third to 10.6 billion US dollars.
The Malaysian government will also take up a multibillion-dollar property and transportation project in Kuala Lumpur involving a Chinese state company, calling it a contribution to China’s global “Belt and Road” infrastructure initiative.
Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad, who is travelling to China next week to attend the second Belt and Road forum that both projects will boost ties with China and add economic value.
- Namami Gange gets approved with Global recognition at Global Water Summit
- The National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) was awarded the distinction of “Public Water Agency of the Year” at the Global Water Summit in London.
- The Global Water Awards are presented at the Global Water Summit, the major business conference for the water industry worldwide.
- The awards recognise excellence across the international water industry and reward those initiatives in the water, wastewater, and desalination sectors, which bring remarkable improvements in the lives of people.
- Ambedkar Jayanti: 14 April
- Ambedkar Jayanti or Bhim Jayanti marks the birth anniversary of Bhimrao Ambedkar or BR Ambedkar – the “Father of The Indian Constitution”.
- Celebrated on April 14, Ambedkar Jayanti honours the Dalit icon who dedicated his life working for the upliftment of untouchables, women and labourers.
- Dr BR Ambedkar not just gave India its Constitution, but also played a key role in the formation of Reserve Bank of India – the country’s central banking institution.
- The government has declared a public holiday on 14 April for all Central government offices, including industrial establishments, throughout India.
- Indian Railways unrolls new quota for foreigners and NRIs to book tickets
- Indian Railways is one of the leading railway systems in the world. With new enthusiasm, Indian Railways introducing new schemes for the betterment of services and exciting plans.
- Indian Railways lifted restrictions so that now Foreigners and NRIs can book tickets in all classes.
- The foreign tourists who travel in Indian trains are allowed to book tickets in the first AC, second AC and executive classes through IRCTC website up to 365 days in advance.
- Under the FTQ category, the Railways has allocated four berths per coach in a sleeper and 3rd AC classes while seats have been parked per coach in chair car classes.
- Two schemes of West Bengal won WSIS awards
- Two schemes, Utkarsh Bangla and Sabooj Sathi, of the West Bengal governmentfor skill development and distribution of bicycles to students have won the prestigious World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS) awards of the United Nations.
- The announcement was made by Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.
Utkarsh Bangla Scheme:
♦ The scheme is to give vocational training to school dropouts by providing training ranging from 400 to 1200 hours free of charge.
♦ Under this scheme, beneficiaries will be trained in driving, tailoring, repairing television and other electronic equipment’s, beautician courses, etc.
Sabooj Sathi scheme:
♦ The objective of the scheme is to empower the students, especially the girls and reduce drop-outs in higher education.
♦ Under the scheme, 34.94 lakh bicycles are already procured and distributed to target group students of class 9 to 12.
APPSC GROUP 1 Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APPSC GROUP 1 Notes are as follows:-
- APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Tests and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022