- Centre releases Rs 1,100 crore for material component in Rajasthan
- Of the Rs 1,878 crore which is due for material component under Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA) in Rajasthan for the financial year 2019-20, the Centre has released Rs 400 crore and Rs 705 crore more has been sanctioned for the release. The state will give its share of Rs 300 crore. After having received Rs 1,100 crore from the Centre, the total backlog for material component will come down to Rs 478 crore.
- The funds for material component is used for procuring cement, bricks, equipment and for the remuneration to skilled and semi-skilled manpower (mates, JTAs (junior technical assistants), junior engineers).
- Reconstruction of 380 earthquake affected cultural and heritage sites completes in Nepal
- In Nepal reconstruction of 380 earthquake affected cultural and heritage sites have been completed.
- More than 2.12 billion Nepali rupees spent on reconstruction of 96 World Heritage monuments and 284 other archaeological and cultural sites.
- Over 150 heritage sites are scheduled to be reconstructed in the current financial year.
- Besides the Government of Nepal many other countries including India, China, USA, Switzerland, Sri Lanka and Japan are providing financial assistance for the reconstruction of quake-affected heritage monuments.
- A total of 891 sites of archaeological and cultural importance were damaged in Nepal due to the devastating earthquake in 2015.
· India plans to utilize its share under Indus Waters Treaty
- The important hydropower projects in Jammu and Kashmir where the recognization of the terror-hit state India plans to fully utilize its share of water under the Indus Waters Treaty of 1960.
- According to the Indus Waters Treaty project first built by whoever it may be will have the first rights on the river waters.
- India and Pakistan signed the treaty after nine years of negotiations with the World Bank in 1960 .The treaty sets out a mechanism for cooperation and information exchange between the two countries regarding their use of rivers.
- The reorganization of the state into two Union territories will give the government direct control over J&K’s affairs where hydro power projects have the ability to improve the per capita income.
- NHPC Ltd is the main supplier of electricity to J&K and the largest investor in the state. It has 2339 megawatts (MW) under operation in the state and plans to develop projects totalling 3,814 MW These projects include the 800MW Bursar project and the 850MW Ratle project.
- NHPC is also implementing the Pakal Dul (1,000MW), Kiru (624MW) and Kwar (540MW) hydropower projects in a joint venture in the state.
- India’s first underwater train to be launched in Kolkata
- India’s first underwater train project in Kolkata is almost complete and the metro will soon be operational soon.
- An example of impeccable engineering, this train is proof of the progress made by Indian Railways.
- The 16-kilometre long Kolkata Metro project will connect Salt Sector 5 with Howrah Maidan.
- The tunnel is provided with four-layers of protection to shield the tunnel from the water of Hubli river.
· E-Rozgar Samachar launched to spread awareness about job opportunities
- The e-version of Rozgar Samacharlaunched recently by Union Minister of Information & Broadcasting Shri Prakash Javadekar. The main aim is to make the aspirants aware of job opportunities in government sector including public sector enterprises. They provide information and guidance about admission and career opportunities in various streams through career-oriented articles by experts. It is expected to meet the emerging challenge of young readers switching to electronic modes of communication.
- The journal priced at 75% of the cost of its print version and is available for an annual subscription fee of Rs. 400. It can be accessed by visiting the website www.employmentnews.gov.in.
- Centre approves subsidy for running nearly 6,000 electric buses across 64 cities
- In a big boost to electric mobility in cities, Centre has approved proposals from state and city transport undertakings to run 5,595 electric buses including 100 for Delhi Metro Rail Corporation. The Centre will provide subsidy to the state and city transport entities, which will pass this on to the private operators whom they will engage through bidding.
- The subsidy will be only for operational expenses of buses and not for buying the new fleet.
- An inter-ministerial panel approved the proposals under FAME-II for 64 cities across the country with Maharashtra getting the maximum number of buses followed by Uttar Pradesh, Gujarat and Tamil Nadu. Majority of the most polluting cities have been covered under the scheme.
- The panel has also approved 400 electric buses that will be run on inter-city routes by eight state transport undertakings (STUs).
- The centre government had notified the second phase of FAME policy to push adoption of electric vehicles in March earmarking Rs 10,000 crore for providing demand incentive (subsidy) and to create charging facilities. It had approved financial support to about 7000 e-buses, with a total outlay of Rs 3,500 crore. This can be availed only by STUs.
- President confers Bharat Ratna on Pranab Mukherjee
- President Ram Nath Kovind conferred country’s highest civilian honour Bharat Ratna on former President Pranab Mukherjee and posthumously on social activist Nanaji Deshmukh and singer Bhupen Hazarika.
- Pranab Mukherjee received the award from the President, at a function in Rashtrapati Bhawan.
- Bhupen Hazarika’s son Tej Hazarika received the award on his behalf.
- While a relative of Nanaji Deshmukh, Virender Jeet Singh received the award for him.
- The Bharat Ratna is the highest civilian award of the Republic of India.
- Recipients receive a Sanad (certificate) signed by the President and a peepal-leaf–shaped medallion.
APPSC GROUP 1 Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APPSC GROUP 1 Notes are as follows:-
- APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Tests and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022