- Railways’ second double-decker Uday Express to run between Visakhapatnam, Vijayawada
- Railways’ second double-decker Uday Express will run between Visakhapatnam and Vijayawada to cater to the busy route in the East Coast Railway zone.
- The first Uday or Utkrisht double-decker Yatri Express was a specially-designed air-conditioned chair car which started service between Coimbatore and Bangalore in June 2018.
- They are equipped with WiFi facility, have striking interiors, cushioned seating, and display screens.
- Another Uday Express is proposed between Bangalore City and Chennai Central.
- The train consists of nine double-decker coaches and two power cars.
- FATF Asia-Pacific Group blacklists Pakistan
- The Asia-Pacific Group of the global watchdog for terror financing and money laundering, Financial Action Task Force (FATF) has put Pakistan in the Enhanced Expedited Follow Up List (Blacklist) for its failure to meet its standards.
- Pakistan was non-compliant on 32 of the 40 compliance parameters of terror financing and money laundering.
- On 11 effectiveness parameters of terror financing and money laundering, Pakistan was adjudged as low on 10.
- Pakistan could not convince the 41-member plenary to upgrade it on any parameter.
- President of India inaugurates the First World Youth Conference on Kindness
- The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, inaugurated the first World Youth Conference on Kindness in New Delhi.
- The first World Youth Conference on Kindness is being organised by the UNESCO Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Education for Peace and Sustainable Development, Ministry of Human Resource Development.
- The conference aims to impart critical competencies (i.e. empathy, compassion, mindfulness and critical inquiry) in global youth to inspire, empower and enable them to transform themselves and build long-lasting peace in their communities.
- Govt to make FASTag mandatory for all vehicles from December 2019
- FASTag enabled vehicles can cruise through the dedicated FASTag lane without stopping at toll plazas on National Highways.
- Launching the new website of his Ministry in New Delhi, Mr Gadkari said, over 52 lakh FASTags have been issued till date.
- FASTags are being issued by 22 certified banks through various channels such as Point-of-Sale at NH toll plazas and selected bank branches.
- FASTag is an electronic toll collection system in India, operated by the National Highway Authority of India (NHAI).
· MHRD launched NISHTHA
- TheMinistry of Human Resource Development launched the National Initiative for School Heads and Teachers Holistic Advancements (NISHTHA). It aimed at training over 42 lakh teachers to boost education and employment focusing on reskilling the teaching workforce.
- HRD Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank launched theinitiative’s website, training modules, primer booklet and mobile app built for the purpose.
The programme was launched in the presence of Smt Rina Ray, Secretary, Department of School Education and Literacy and other senior officers from MHRD, all States and UTs, Senior Policy Makers and Heads of Institutions.
- NISHTHA is the world’s biggest project. The objective of this massive training programme ‘NISHTHA’ is to motivate and equip teachers to encourage and foster critical thinking in students. It is a100 days programme of the Government. As the teachers are the powerhouse of the nation, the teachers deserve worldwide respect.
Under NISHTHA, the teachers will develop their skills on Artificial Intelligence, Health, School Leadership qualities, Environmental Concerns in a joyful learning manner.
· Rajiv Gauba is appointed as the next Cabinet Secretary
- The Union Home Secretary Rajiv Gaubais appointed as the next Cabinet Secretary for a tenure of two years. His appointment as Cabinet secretary was approved by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC).
Gauba is a 1982-batch IAS officer of the Jharkhand cadre. He initially joined as the Officer on Special Duty in the Cabinet Secretariat. He will now replace the incumbent P K Sinha, who is a 1977 batch IAS officer of the Uttar Pradesh cadre. Mr.Sinha is the 31st Cabinet Secretary of India.
- Ajay Kumar Bhalla appointed as new Home Secretary
- The government-appointed Ajay Kumar Bhalla as new Home Secretary.
- He belongs to 1984 batch of Assam Meghalaya cadre of Indian Administrative Service (IAS) and is currently serving as Officer on Special Duty in Home Ministry.
- He succeeds Rajiv Gauba who will move out as Cabinet Secretary.
· National sports awards 2019 were announced
- TheMinistry of Youth Affairs and Sports has announced the awardees of the National sports awards 2019. The award recognizes the successive persons in the field of games and sports. The President of India will award the awardees at a specially organized function at the Rashtrapati Bhawan. The awards will be given on the birth anniversary of hockey wizard Major Dhyan Chand which is celebrated as the National Sports Day on August 29.
- National Sports Awards are given for athletes and coaches every year. The award recognizes andrewards excellence in sports. It is given by the Ministry of youth affairs and sports to the successive persons in the field of games and sports.
- The Sports awards are as follows :
♦ Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna (most outstanding performance )
♦ Arjuna Award (outstanding performance)
♦ Dronacharya Award (for coaches)
♦ Dhyan Chand Award (lifetime achievement)
♦ Rashtriya Khel Protsahan Award
- APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Tests and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022