- 255 wellness centres a big boost for healthcare in Rajasthan
- The state has made operational 255 health and wellness centres (HWC) under Ayushman Bharat. The state has not adopted Ayushman Bharat’s insurance component yet but it has adopted its provision of developing health centres as HWCs to provide improved healthcare facilities in the state.
- Among 255 health centres including 130 sub-centres, 100 primary health centres and 25 urban primary health centres have been converted into HWC in the state. The health department has to convert 424 more health centres into HWCs.
- At HWCs (sub-centres), healthcare facilities such as ongoing service delivery of reproduction and child health, and disease control programmes to continue community based risk assessment for common non-communicable diseases (NCDs).
- Under first component of AB, beneficiaries (families belonging to poor and vulnerable population based on SECC database Socio Economic and Caste Census 2011) covered under the scheme will be allowed to take cashless benefits from any public/private empaneled hospitals across the country. However, the state has not implemented it yet as similar scheme in 2015 — Bhamashah Swasthya Bima Yojna was launched by the state government.
· India opposes move to declare Gilgit-Baltistan as fifth province
- India voiced strong opposition to Pakistan’s reported move to declare Gilgit-Baltistan as its fifth province.
- The entire state of Jammu and Kashmir has been and shall remain part of India.
- India has called upon Pakistan to vacate all occupied territory.
· Luxembourg to become first country to make all public transport free
- Luxembourg is set to become the first countryin the world to make all public transport free, implementing the move in 2020.
- The move is aimed at addressing environmental issues and the problem of traffic congestion.
- Earlier this year, Luxembourg introduced free transport for all people under the age of 20.
· India to retain top position in remittances with USD 80 billion:World Bank
- The World Bank has said India will retain its position as the world’s top recipient of remittances this year with $80 billion.
- India is followed by China, Mexico, the Philippines and Egypt, according to World Bank’s Migration and Development Brief.
- A foreign remittance is money transferred from a foreign worker to their family or other individuals in their home countries.
· Vanessa Ponce de Leon crowned as Miss World
ð Miss Mexico Vanessa Ponce de Leon, 26, a Mexican model and volunteer, has been crowned Miss World at a glitzy event on the tropical Chinese island of Hainan. She holds a degree in international business, volunteers for “Migrantes en el Camino” and is on the board of directors of a rehab centre for girls. She was crowned as the 68th Miss World by last year’s winner, Manushi Chhillar of India, in the coastal city of Sanya.
ð First runner-up was Thailand’s Nicolene Pichapa Limsnukan, a 20-year-old studying business administration. Miss Belarus Maria Vasilevich, Miss Jamaica Kadijah Robinson and Miss Uganda Quiin Abenakyo were among the final five. It is the eighth time the Miss World final has been held in Sanya, which first hosted the pageant in 2003.
· Gangotri, Yamunotri included under PRASAD scheme
- The Centre has included Gangotri and Yamunotri in Uttrarakhand, Amarkantak in Madhya Pradesh and Parasnath in Jharkhand under a central scheme to develop pilgrimage and heritage destinations in the country.
- With the new additions, the number of sites under the Pilgrimage Rejuvenation and Spiritual, Heritage Augmentation Drive (PRASAD) launched by the ministry in 2014-15 has now become 41in 25 states.
- A total 24 projectsin 15 states have been approved with estimated expenditure of Rs 727.16 crore and a total amount of Rs 331.15 crore has been released for these projects under the scheme since its inception till date.
· Centre approved SCord to tackle smuggling
- In an attempt to tackle smuggling, the Central government has approved Anti-Smuggling National Coordination Centre(SCord) under the Directorate of Revenue Intelligence (DRI).
- All the border agencies like BSF, ITBP, Assam Rifles, SSB and Coast Guards would be the members of SCord, which will help India to formulate a national anti-smuggling policy.
· Cabinet approved the Agriculture Export Policy
- Commerce Minister Suresh Prabhuannounced that the Union Cabinet approved the Agriculture Export Policy. The policy aims at increasing India’s exports to $60 billion by 2022 from the current $37 billion. The objectives of the policy are, apart from doubling farmers’ income, to diversify the export basket and destinations, and to boost high-value and value-added exports, with a focus on perishables.
- The policy also aims to promote the export of novel, indigenous, organic, ethnic, traditional and non-traditional agricultural products. It also aims to provide an institutional mechanism for market access, tackling barriers, and dealing with sanitary and phytosanitary issues.
- Prabhu said that agriculture exports have been increased to$37 billion from $30 billion in just one year. With this policy, it aims in increasing that to $60 billion by 2022.
· Centre notified amendments to the Citizenship Rules, 2009
- Union Home Ministryhas notified amendments to the Citizenship Rules, 2009, to include a separate column in the citizenship form for applicants belonging to six minority communities from Pakistan, Afghanistan, and Bangladesh. Still, the contentious Citizenship (Amendment) Bill, 2016, is pending in Parliament. The Centre has made the changes under Section 18 of the Citizenship Act, 1955. The Ministry has notified new rules on December 3.
- Under the amendments, a separate entry in the form will ask the applicant, if they belong to one of the minority communities from Afghanistan, Bangladesh and Pakistan – Hindus, Sikhs, Buddhists, Parsis, Sikhs and Christians.
- APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Tests and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022