Integrated Logistics is needed to drive growth: R KarikalValaven
The Special Chief Secretary of the Department of Industries and Commerce of Andhra Pradesh,RKarikalValaven said that integrated logistics is the need of the hour to drive growth in the logistics sector. In this connection, the State Government proposes to develop logistics parks at Anantapur and Visakhapatnam, he said.
Delivering the inaugural address in the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), Andhra Pradesh’s third edition of Conference on Logistics focusing on the theme Efficient and Resilient Supply Chain – Creating a Sustainable Logistics Sector through virtual mode on Wednesday, he mentioned that Andhra Pradesh is the only state in the country where three industrial corridors pass through, namely Visakhapatnam-Chennai Industrial corridor, Chennai-Bangalore industrial corridor, and Bangalore-Hyderabad industrial corridors. The proposed node in these corridors would attract greater investments into the state and several large-scale enterprises are showing interest to set up their base.
The special chief secretary pointed out that sustainable logistics is essential for industrial growth and development. The government is also planning to promote marine economic zones to accelerate growth and development. He said that all Airports in the state will have cargo facilities for exporting various goods and services.
India And Vietnam To Collaborate in Postal Sector
India and Vietnam signed a statement of intent for improved postal cooperation on 17 December.
- It was signed to recognize the two countries’ extensive strategic and economic connections.
- India-Vietnam relations have been extraordinarily amicable and cordial. Prime Minister Nehru and President Ho Chi Minh created the foundations for the relationship 50 years ago. Cultural and commercial ties between the two countries, on the other hand, extend back to the second century.
- Since 1992, bilateral ties have grown significantly in economics, agriculture, and industry.
- The relationship is not solely based on economic considerations; there has also been substantial development of bilateral military cooperation.
Strategic cooperation between Both the countries
- Mekong-Ganga Cooperation: Both the countries are members of Mekong–Ganga Cooperation. It was created with the aim of developing and enhancing close ties between India and Southeast Asian nations.
- Vietnam’s support to India’s permanent seat at UNSC– Vietnam has always supported India’s bid for permanent seat at United Nations Security Council (UNSC). It also supported India’s membership to Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC).
New-Gen Nuclear-Capable Ballistic Missile ‘Agni P’ Test Fired By India
A new generation Nuclear-Capable Ballistic Missile called Agni P was test-fired by DRDO.
Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam’s island off the coast of Odisha was the launch site for Agni P.
Several telemetries, electro-optical stations, radar, and downrange ships positioned along the eastern coast followed and monitored the missile’s trajectory and parameters.
Agni P followed a textbook trajectory and met the mission’s goals with great precision.
Agni P is a two-stage solid-propellant ballistic missile with a redundant navigation and guidance system.
It is the successor to the Agni-I and Agni-II missiles, created by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
Haiti’s freedom soup added to UNESCO Cultural Heritage List
The United Nations cultural agency, UNESCO placed a traditional Haitian soup called ‘Joumou Soup’ in the intangible cultural heritage list.
Haitian soup is widely considered as a symbol of India’s independence.
Joumou soup is much more than a dish. It tells the story of heroes & heroines of Haitian independence as well as their struggle for human rights and hard-won freedom.
It is a squash-based soup and it became a symbol of things long forbidden to slaves under the French domination until Haiti became independent on January 1, 1804.
Haitians celebrated their freedom by consuming the soup.
They traditionally serve the soup on New Year’s Day for commemorating the anniversary of liberation from slavery.
MIS portal for rankings of States & UTs in Land Acquisition Projects
Union Minister for Rural Development & Panchayati Raj, Giriraj Singh, launched MIS (Management Information System) portal to ranking of States/UTs in Land Acquisition Projects.
- With the launch of this portal, states/UTs will be ranked in Land Acquisition Projects under RFCTLARR Act, 2013, which is dubbed as “Right to Fair Compensation and Transparency in Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement Act, 2013”.
- Based on the ranking and performance, the top 3 States and top 3 districts will be awarded.
Significance of the portal
MIS portal is being dubbed as a ‘Vikas Portal’. Portal will not only show data and figures but also the speed of development in India. It is a result of the vision of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to provide impetus to the Gati Shakti Mission.
Concerns over delayed implementation
Delayed implementation of the projects in India increases the project cost as well as disturb the pace of development. This portal will help in mitigating this concern. Because of ranking available to all the States, it will be easier to monitor the progress of developmental projects. This in turn will increase the speed of projects.
APPSC GROUP 1 Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APPSC GROUP 1 Notes are as follows:-
- APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Tests and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022