Andhra Pradesh: Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams to raise Rs 550 crore through donations for paediatric hospital
Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams is planning to raise around Rs 550 crore through donations to establish a state-of-the-art paediatric hospital in Tirupati. This is perhaps the first time since its inception that the temple body is aiming to pool in such a large quantum of funds through donations.
The TTD, which recently passed a resolution at its trust board meeting to construct a super-speciality paediatric hospital in the temple city to provide free medical treatment to children from poor families, has decided to seek donations from philanthropists and donor devotees to fund the project.
As per the resolution, the temple body will allocate one ‘Udayasthamana seva’ ticket to donors who donate 1 crore and above for the hospital project.
As of now, it has been decided to allocate 531 Udayasthamana tickets on a first come, first served basis.
Japanese Space Tourists Back To Earth
After spending 12 days aboard the International Space Station, a Japanese tycoon, his producer, and a Russian cosmonaut returned to Earth on 20 December.
Since 2009, Maezawa and Hirano have been the first self-paying guests to visit the space station.
Misurkin, on the other hand, was on his third space trip.Before them, in October 2021, Russian actress YuliaPeresild and film director KlimShipenko spent 12 days on the space station to make the world’s first movie in space. Roscosmos, Russia’s space corporation, financed this project.
Seven space tourists flew to the International Space Station aboard a Russian Soyuz spacecraft between 2001 and 2009.
An experiment called “MicroAge” is set to be launched to International Space Station on SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket from Kennedy Space Centre in Florida.
MicroAge Experiment will help people in living a longer and healthier life.
As the part of this experiment, human cells will be launched to space.
Human cells have been put into small 3D holders. These cells will be electrically stimulated, once they reach to space. The electrical stimulation will help in inducing contractions in muscle tissue. This experiment will help scientists in examining the cells closely.
These cells will be analysed by Researchers from University of Liverpool. Research will be funded by the UK Space Agency. UK Space Agency has provided £1.2 million in funds to conduct the experiment.
LogiXtics: DPIIT Launches Hackathon for Logistics
Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) launched the Unified Logistics Interface Platform’s (ULIP) Hackathon called ‘LogiXtics’ for crowdsourcing more ideas for the benefit of logistics industry.
ULIP is designed for enhancing efficiency and reducing logistics cost across India. This objective will be reduced by creating a transparent platform which will provide real time information to all the stakeholders and remove all asymmetry information.
ULIP Hackathon – LogiXtics is being organised by NITI Aayog and Atal Innovation Mission.
It is also supported by NICDC Logistics Data Bank Services Limited (NLDSL) and National Industrial Corridor Development Corporation (NICDC).
ULIP was conceptualised as a technology platform in logistics sector.
ULIP is being developed as technology platform to provide real time information to all the stakeholders.
It will converge visibility of multi-modal transport across existing systems of several Ministries or Departments working in silos.
ULIP will transform the logistic sector by lowering down the logistics cost and enhancing India’s competitiveness in international trade.
Election Laws (Amendment) Bill
To Link Adhaar with the Electoral roll, The Election Laws (Amendment) Bill, 2021, will be introduced in Lok Sabha.
- When the Election Laws (Amendment) Bill 2021 is approved, electoral registration officers will ask for the Aadhaar number of persons who want to register as voters.
- To verify your identification, they will want your Aadhaar number. The bill also proposes allowing electoral registration officers to request Aadhaar numbers from people already on the electoral record.
- This will be done to verify the entries in the electoral roll and to identify the registration of the same person’s name in the electoral roll of more than one constituency or the registration of the same name in the same constituency more than once.
- The bill will amend several provisions of the Representation of the People Act, 1950 and 1951.
- The 1950 Act will be changed to enable the linkage of electoral roll data with the Aadhaar ecosystem. This modification will mitigate the threat of multiple enrolments of the same person in different areas.
APPSC GROUP 1 Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APPSC GROUP 1 Notes are as follows:-
- APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Tests and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022