- Scheme to help 10 lakh unemployed youngsters
- Sports Authority of Andhra Pradesh (SAAP) Managing Director said that nearly 10 lakh unemployed youth of Andhra Pradesh will be benefited by the proposed ‘Yuva Sadhikarika Nirudyoga Bhruthi (Assistance to Umemployed Youth)’, a scheme to provide financial assistance to the unemployed educated youth.
- After the receiving the suggestions from the general public, the scheme will be launched on the birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda, observed as the National Youth Day on January 12, 2018.
- Government was keen to provide advanced skills like soft, communication skills and spoken English to the degree students so as to place them in the multi-national companies and corporate sector.
· Saudi Arabia announces lifting of ban on movie theatres after 35 years
- Saudi Arabiawill have its first public cinemas in more than 35 years after the government announced the lifting of the ban on movie theatres. Minister of Culture and Information Awwad bin Saleh Alawwad in a statement said that opening cinemas will act as a catalyst for economic growth and diversification.
- The government statement said that the licensing process for cinema operators will start within 90 days and the films will be subject to censorship according to media policy standards of the kingdom.
· Mount Hope Becomes UK’s New Highest Mountain
- Britain is a new highest mountain after new satellite data revealed the peak was almost 400 metres taller than previously thought. Mount Hope, in the British Atlantic Territory, was recently re-measured and found to be 377 metres taller than previous calculations.
- This takes it to 3,239 metres, meaning it knocks Mount Jackson, the current title holder at 3,184 metres, off the top spot.
- India proposed $1 billion credit for connectivity with ASEAN
- India has proposed USD 1 billion line of credit to promote sea, air and road connectivity projects with ASEAN, Union Minister Nitin Gadkari said.
- Apart from this, India has set up a project development fund of USD 77 million for various developments.
- He was addressing the ASEAN-India Connectivity Summit jointly organised by CII and ASEAN India Centre.
- WB announces life insurance of Rs. 5 lakh each for pilgrims
- West Bengal chief minister Mamata Banerjee announced that pilgrims coming to Gangasagar next year will be covered by life insurance amounting to Rs 5 lakh each.
- The premium in this regard will be borne entirely by the state government.
- Around five to six lakh pilgrims attend the Gangasagar fair on the occasion of Makar Sankranti.
- J P Nadda launches new initiatives on Universal Health Coverage Day, 2017
- The Union Health Minister J P Nadda has launched “LaQshya – Labour Room Quality Improvement Initiative, a Safe Delivery Mobile Application for health workers who manage normal and complicated deliveries in the peripheral areas.
- The goal of this initiative is to reduce preventable maternal and new-born mortality.
- He also released the Operational Guidelines for Obstetric High Dependency Units (HDUs) and Intensive Care Units (ICUs).
· Electronics and IT Ministry Launched First NIC-CERT
- Electronics and Information Technology Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad launched first NIC-CERT, a setup of National Informatics Centre to prevent and predict cyber attacks on government utilities.
- They launched in New Delhi.
- NIC-CERT has been set up with the objective of creating a comprehensive framework that integrates world-class security components and inbuilt threat intelligence for detection, prevention and incident response.
- APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Tests and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022