- Simplify registration process, APNA urges State
- The Andhra Pradesh Private Hospitals and Nursing Homes Association (APNA) demanded that the State government introduce single window system for the registration and renewal of licences pertaining to the nursing homes, as it was difficult for the managements to obtain 46 licences from different departments.
- The government should also extend the duration for renewal of licence from the one year to at least three years.
- The APNA was the biggest professional body in the State with the membership of about 2,500 hospitals and nursing homes that serve about 80% of the population.
- India ranks 100 in global prosperity index
- After rising up in the Ease of Doing Business Index, India has upgraded its ranks in ‘The Legatum Prosperity Index 2017’ as well.
- The index ranks India 100th on the list of prosperous countries among 149 countries.
- Norway topped the ranking while New Zealand and Finland sealed second and third spot respectively.
· Sri Lanka formally hands over Hambantota Port to China for 99-Year Lease
- Sri Lanka formally handed over its southern strategic port of Hambantota to China on a 99-year lease.
- Two Chinese firms managed by China Merchants Port Holdings Company (CM Port) and Sri Lanka Ports Authority will own port and the investment zone around it.
- Hambantota port is strategically located right in the middle of vital energy supply lines in the Indian Ocean, connecting the Middle East and East Asia.
· AIIB Grants 1st loan to China to Reduce Dependence on Coal
- The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) approved its first loan to China, its largest shareholder, to reduce its dependence on coal by over 600,000 tonnes annually by building a natural gas distribution network for villages.
- The USD 250-million-loan will fund a project to connect 216,750 households in approximately 510 villages to the natural gas distribution network.
- With an authorized capital of USD 100 billion, China is the largest shareholder with 26.06 percent voting shares.
- India is the second largest shareholder with 7.5 percent followed by Russia 5.93 percent and Germany 4.5 percent.
· Second UNWTO/UNESCO World Conference on Tourism and Culture Held in Muscat
- The second UN World Tourism Organization/UNESCOWorld Conference on Tourism and Culture was held in Muscat, Capital city of Oman.
- The Minister of State for Culture (Independent Charge) and Environment, Forest & Climate Change, Dr Mahesh Sharma led the Indian delegation.
- The conference was focused on sustainable development, culture and tourism as a factor of peace and prosperity; tourism development and protection of cultural heritage.
- Indian economy to grow at 7.2% in 2018, says UN report
- The Indian economy will grow at 7.2% in 2018 and accelerate to 7.4% in 2019 as a result of robust private consumption, public investment and structural reforms, a United Nations report said.
- The report also forecast that inflation in India will be 4.5% in 2018 and 4.8% in 2019, slightly above the Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) medium-term consumer price index-based (CPI-based) inflation target of 4%.
· India will share expertise to make Nigeria self-sufficient in agriculture
- To boost Agricultural productivity of Nigeria, India has decided to share their Agricultural expertise to make Nigeria food sufficient.
- Union Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh said that India noted with great interest the new initiatives of Nigeria particularly the Green Alternative initiative-a roadmap to make Nigeria self-sufficient in agriculture.
- Indian companies to explore the opportunities in Nigerian agriculture field both as investors as well as providers of agri-services, agricultural machinery and technological assistance.
- Indian short film ‘The School Bag’ wins award in Vancouver Film Festival
- Indian film “The School Bag” has bagged the Best Short Film award at the Vancouver Golden Panda International Film Festival.
- The fiction film, directed by Dheeraj Jindal, is based in Peshawar, Pakistan.
- The School Bag” also won the Best Short Film award at the Lahore International Children’s Film Festival and Jindal received the Best Director award at the Indian Film Festival of Cincinnati, US.
- Priyanka Chopra receives Mother Teresa Memorial award
- Actor Priyanka Chopra has been honoured with this year’s Mother Teresa Memorial award for social justice.
- Priyanka received the award for her contribution towards lending her support to social causes, such as her recent visit to Syria, where she met and interacted with refugee children.
- The actor is also UNICEF’s Goodwill Ambassador and is known for supporting various philanthropic activities.
- APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Tests and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022