Incubation centre for Andhra University campus
Software Technology Parks of India will set up an incubation centre on Andhra University campus with 19.75 crore.
STPI (Hyderabad) director CVD Ram Prasad met AU vice-chancellor Prof PVGD Prasad Reddy on Friday and handed over the official communique.
The incubation centre will come up on about 25,000 square feet space in the varsity. Ram Prasad said the centre will be further extended, but only 19.75 crore will be spent on the first phase.
World Cancer Day 2022
The World Cancer Day 2022 is observed every year on February 4, worldwide.
- The day is observed to raise awareness, inspire change and reduce global impact of cancer.
- It is celebrated with the aim of reducing misconceptions regarding cancer and prejudices associated with it. It helps people in getting right information about cancer.
- It also offers a chance for making an impact in betterment of life of cancer patients and survivors.
The World Cancer Day 2022 was observed under the theme- ‘Close the Care Gap’. The theme is all about understanding and recognising the inequities in cancer care worldwide. It seeks to identify and recognise global disparities in cancer care, which is preventing people from certain economic strata full access to essential healthcare facilities and services.
Square Kilometre Array Observatory (SKAO)
India inked an interim agreement to confirm its commitment for working on mega science project called “Square Kilometre Array Observatory (SKAO)”.
- The agreement will be valid for one year.
- The Cooperation Agreement between India and SKA was signed virtually.
- India was represented by TIFR – National Centre for Radio Astrophysics (NCRA).
About Square Kilometre Array Observatory
- SKAO is proposed to be world’s largest radio telescope.
- This project will facilitate India in making its first monetary contribution towards construction phase of SKA.
- SKA will be built in Australia and South Africa.
- It is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
- Apart from three host countries, viz., Italy, China and France; Switzerland and Canada are among countries building SKAO.
- SKAO is likely to be operational by the end of this decade.
Konkurs-M Anti-Tank Guided Missiles
Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL) and Indian Army signed a contract worth Rs 3,131.82 crore to manufacture and supply Konkurs-M anti-tank guided missiles.
The Konkurs-M anti-tank guided missiles is being manufactured by BDL as a part of license agreement with Russian Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM). Missile has been indigenised up to the maximum extent. BDL is also offering Konkurs-M missiles for exporting it to friendly foreign countries.
Konkurs-M is a second generation, mechanised infantry anti-tank guided missile. It is being manufactured to destroy armoured vehicles equipped with explosive reactive armour. Missile can be launched either from BMP-II tank or from a ground launcher. It has a range of 75 to 4000 metres.
Scheme of Assistance to National Sports Federations
Union Government has approved the continuation of “Scheme of Assistance to National Sports Federations (NSFs)”, to strengthen its support for sports in India.
Continuation of scheme has been approved with an outlay of Rs. 1575 crore for 2021-22 to 2025-26, that is XV Finance Commission Cycle.
Scheme of Assistance to National Sports Federations (NSFs)
Scheme of Assistance to NSFs is the flagship Central Sector Scheme. It is a main source of funding to prepare national teams for all major national and international competitions, including Asian Games, Para Asian Games, Olympic Games, Para-Olympics, Commonwealth Games (CWG) and other major international tournaments.
- Outlay in the cycle will be extended to NSFs for training of national teams for national and international competitions during 2022-2026, specifically for Commonwealth & Asian Games 2022, Olympics & Paralympics 2024 and Asian & Commonwealth Games 2026.
Supercomputer Param Pravega
Indian Institute of Science (IISC), Bengaluru has commissioned one of the most powerful supercomputers, called “Param Pravega” in India.
- Param Pravega supercomputer has a supercomputing capacity of 3.3 petaflops.
- It is the largest supercomputer in an Indian academic institution.
The supercomputer has been designed and developed by Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC). Majority of components used in the supercomputer have been manufactured and assembled indigenously. Its software was also developed in India.
Introduction of Millets in Mid – Day Meal Scheme
The Government of India is to include millets in the mid day meal scheme. This is being done to enhance the nutrition in children. The announcement was made by the Ministry of Education. It is to be implemented by PM POSHAN scheme.
- The central government has asked the state governments and the union territories to add millets in their mid day meal scheme. This includes bajra, ragi, jowar. These are rich in minerals, vitamins, proteins and antioxidants. They improve the nutritional outcome of the children. The government is taking the step to reduce the levels of malnutrition in the country.
- The millets are to be introduced once a week. Also, cooking competitions are to be conducted among the cook – cum – helpers. This is done to popularise millet recipes.
- Small videos will be created. These videos will explain the importance of millets.
- The NITI Aayog had suggested that the practices of Odisha, Karnataka and Telangana are the best in the country. Their practices are to be shared with the other states.
APPSC GROUP 1 Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APPSC GROUP 1 Notes are as follows:-
- APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Tests and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022