TTD, NTPC to sign MoU for solar projects at Tirumala
The Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams (TTD) will enter into a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with NTPC Vidyut Vyapar Nigam Limited (NVVN) to commission solar PV power projects at Tirumala and Tirupati and purchase solar energy generated from these projects.
The TTD trust board under the chairmanship of Y V Subba Reddy recently gave its nod to the administrative top brass to go ahead with the proposals. Following a series of meetings and inspections, NVVN representatives agreed to TTD’s proposals of commissioning solar power plants at multiple locations in the hill town.
While the capital cost for the project will be borne by NVVN, the TTD will provide land for 25 years.
Power generated will be purchased by the TTD for 25 years at a price determined by the Central Electricity Regulatory Commission (CERC).
Mriya – World’s Largest Plane
On the fourth day of the Russian invasion of Ukraine, Russia destroyed the most critical plane within the world called “Ukraine’s Antonov-225 cargo plane”.
- According to weapons manufacturer Ukroboronprom, restoring “AN-225 Mriya” would cost over USD 3 billion and take five years.
- The aircraft was unique to the planet .it had been 84 meters long and will transport up to 250 tonnes of cargo at a speed of 850 kilometers per hour.
- The missile has been named Mriya, suggesting “dream” in Ukrainian.
- The An-225 aircraft was located at Hostomel Airport when Russia launched an attack on the Ukrainian airport on February 24, 2022. It had been destroyed on February 27.
- Maria was initially built as a part of the Soviet aeronautical program. It made its first flight in 1988.
- Mriya has been operated by Ukraine’s Antonov Airlines for cargo flights. It had been in high demand during the Covid-19 pandemic.
National Science Day Is On 28 February
The National Science Day is widely known on 28 February annually in India to spread the message about the importance of science within the people’s way of life.
- The National Science Day is widely known on 28 February annually in India to spread the message about the importance of science within the lifestyle of the people.
- Today, Sir CV Raman had announced the invention of the Raman Effect, and he was awarded the Nobel prize in 1930.
- The government of India designated 28 February as National Science Day (NSD) in 1986.
- The National Science Day theme for 2022: ‘Integrated Approach in S&T for Sustainable Future.’ The day also commemorates the invention of the Raman effect.
Rare Disease Day: 28 February
The Rare Disease Day (RDD) is observed every year on the last day of February. This year in 2022, it falls on 28 February 2022.
- The Rare Disease Day (RDD) is observed every year on the last day of February. This year in 2022, it falls on 28 February 2022.
- The day is observed to boost awareness for rare diseases and improve access to treatment and medical representation for people with rare diseases and their families.
- European Organisation first launched rare Disease Day for Rare Diseases (EURORDIS) and its Council of National Alliances in 2008. The Rare Disease Day theme 2022: “Share Your Colors.”
- The first Rare Disease Day was coordinated by the European Organisation for Rare Diseases (EURORDIS) and persisted leap day, 2008 in numerous European nations and Canada through the Canadian Organization for Rare Disorders.
Fresh Fruits Exports From India
Fresh fruits export from India has witnessed immense growth in the past year.
- In April-January 2021-22, guava exports have risen to USD 2.09 million against USD 0.58 million recorded in April-January 2013-14.
- Paneer (Indian cottage cheese) and Curd (yogurt) exports have also increased to USD 30 million in April–January 2021-22 from USD 10 million in April–January 2013-14.
- Pomegranates, Grapes, Bananas, Mangoes, and Oranges are the foremost fruits exported from the country.
- In vegetables, Mixed Vegetables, Onions, Tomatoes, Potatoes, and Green Chilly take the leading share of exports from India.
PM CARE for Children Scheme Extended
The PM Cares for children Scheme has been extended by the Ministry of women and Child Development of the govt of India till February 28, 2022.
- The PM Cares for children Scheme has been extended by the Ministry of women and Child Development of the govt of India till February 28, 2022.
- Previously, the Scheme was applicable till New Year’s Eve, 2021.
- During this reference, a letter has been written to all Principal Secretaries/ Secretaries, Women and Child Development, Social Justice & Empowerment Departments of all States and UTs, with a replica to all or any District Magistrates/District Collectors.
- To be eligible for the Scheme, the kid must be under 18 at the time of their parent’s death to be considered eligible for payments under this plan.
APPSC GROUP 1 Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APPSC GROUP 1 Notes are as follows:-
- APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Tests and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022