- Andhra Pradesh budget: Annadata Sukhibhava gets Rs 5,000 crore allocation
- Finance minister Yanamala Ramakrishnudu has presented a Andhra Pradesh’s budget. Taking a cue from the Union finance minister Piyush Goyal, who deviated the tradition to announce new policies in the vote-on-account budget, AP finance minister spared Rs.5000 crore for Annadata Sukhibhava scheme to extend financial assistance to the farmers.
- The minister presented a budget with an Rs. 2,26,177.53 crore outlay of the budget for the financial year 2019-20. He disclosed that revenue expenditure was estimated at Rs. 1,80,369.33 crore and capital expenditure was estimated at around Rs. 29,596.53 crore, which includes Rs. 8,994 crore towards principal repayment of the public debt. Minister estimated the revenue deficit at around Rs. 2,099.47 crore and the fiscal deficit at around Rs. 32,390.68 crore.
- “Andhra Pradesh has about 58% labor workforce engaged in agriculture and related which produces about 32% share of GSDP.
- The government had enhanced input subsidies for paddy, sugarcane, cotton and groundnut crops from Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 15,000, for maize from Rs. 8,333 to Rs. 12,500, pulses and sunflower crops from Rs. 6,250 to Rs. 10,000. This benefitted 39.33 lakh farmers.
· INSTEX : Iran Trade Promotion Plan
- INSTEX acronym of Instrument in Support of Trade Exchanges is a project of the three governments of UK, France and Germany to bypass US sanctions on Iran.
- INSTEX is a special payment system which will help to save the Iran nuclear deal by allowing Tehran to keep trading with EU companies despite Washington re-imposing sanctions.
- INSTEX would receive payments from companies that want to trade with Iran, either by receiving waivers for oil imports or permissible trade in goods like food and medicine. As a result, there would be no direct transfer of funds between Iran and European companies.
- World Cancer Day
- World Cancer Day is observed on 4th February annually.
- The Day aims to save millions of preventable deaths each year through education, raising awareness and by pressing governments and individuals across the world to take action against the deadly disease.
- Union for International Cancer Control, which organizes World Cancer Day, is launching a new 3-year campaign with the theme: “I Am and I Will.”
- Over 9.6 million People die each year from cancer which is more than HIV/AIDS, malaria and tuberculosis combined.
- India has around 2.25 million cases with over 1 lakh new cases being registered every year.
- Government proposes to launch mega pension yojana ‘Pradhan Mantri Shram-Yogi Maandhan
- The Government proposes to launch a mega pension yojana namely ‘Pradhan Mantri Shram-Yogi Maandhan’ for the unorganised sector workers with monthly income upto Rs. 15,000.
- This pension yojana shall provide them an assured monthly pension of Rs. 3,000 from the age of 60 years.
- It will be provided on a monthly contribution of a small affordable amount during their working age.
- An unorganised sector worker joining pension yojana at the age of 29 years will have to contribute only Rs. 100 per month till the age of 60 years.
- A worker joining the pension yojana at 18 years, will have to contribute as little as Rs. 55 per month only.
- The Government will deposit equal matching share in the pension account of the worker every month.
· Rishi Kumar Shukla appointed CBI Director
- IPS officer Rishi Kumar Shukla has been appointed as the chief of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) for a fixed tenure of two years. Rishi Kumar Shukla is currently serving as the chairman of Madhya Pradesh Police Housing Corporation in Bhopal.
- The appointment of the Rishi Kumar Shukla was approved by the Appointments Committee of the cabinet based on the recommendation of the selection committee headed by the Prime Minister. The CBI Director search committee headed by Prime Minister has the Chief Justice of India and the Leader of Opposition as members.
- The appointment of the CBI director gains significance in the backdrop of comments made by the Supreme Court which had said that it was “averse” to the arrangement of an interim CBI Director and the Centre should “immediately” appoint a regular chief of the probe agency.
· Surajkund International Crafts Mela-2019
- The Surajkund International Crafts Mela is organized every year by the Surajkund Mela Authority & Haryana Tourism in collaboration with Union Ministries of Tourism, Textiles, Culture and External Affairs.
- The state of Maharashtra is the Theme State and Thailand is the Partner Nation Country for the Surajkund International Crafts Mela-2019.
- The Mela also aims to be a custodian of the heritage crafts involving the use of traditional skills that are fading away due to cheap machine-made imitations, and a special section is earmarked for showcasing of these heritage crafts.
- The theme state concept was conceptualized broadly with a view to promote and focus on art, craft and cuisine of each state of India every year.
[/lockercat]APPSC GROUP 1 Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APPSC GROUP 1 Notes are as follows:-
- APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Tests and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Detailed Complete Prelims Notes