· ₹5,000 cr. allocated for ‘Annadata Sukhibhava’
ð The State government announced a new scheme for the welfare of the farmers.
ð In his vote-on-account speech, Finance Minister Yanamala Ramakrishnudu said he was allocating ₹5,000 crore to ‘Annadata Sukhibhava’ for this financial year.
ð Under the crop loan waiver scheme (‘Annadata Ki Apatbandavudu’), the Finance Minister said farmers’ loan of ₹24,000 crore had been waived and the final two instalments would also be credited to their accounts soon.
ð The government enhanced the market intervention fund from ₹500 crore to ₹1,000 crore for crops that did not have Minimum Support Price, the Finance Minister said. For the first time in the country, the State government issued a ‘certificate of cultivation’ to the tenant farmers to enable them to avail institutional credit and crop insurance, farm implements and input subsidy
· US to back out from INF Treaty
- The U.S is suspending its obligations under the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces (INF) Treatyeffective February 2 and will withdraw from the treaty in six months. T
- Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty is Nuclear disarmament agreement and Signed onDecember 1987.
- It is a 1987 arms control agreement between the United States and the Soviet Union with an Unlimited duration
· Qatar won their First-ever Asian Cup Title In Football by defeating Japan
- Qatar won its first major soccer title by beating four-time champion Japan 3-1 in the 17th edition of the AFC Asian Cup held in United Arab Emirates(UAE).
- Sudan born Almoez Ali, became the first player to score nine goals at a single Asian Cup.
· Defence Ministry approves procurement of 73,000 assault rifles from US
- Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharamanapproved the procurement of around 73000 Sig Sauer rifles from United States of America under fast track procurement mode in a major move towards infantry modernization.
- USA will have to deliver the Sig Sauer rifles which is used by US forces as well as several other European forces within one year of finalization of the deal.
- The Procured rifles will replace INSAS rifles and the new rifles will be used by the troops deployed along the 3600 km border with China.
- Special Postage Stamp on Kumbh Mela Released
- Union Minister of State for Railways and Communication Mr Manoj Sinha released a special postage stamp of the Indian Postal Department on Kumbh Mela.
- Its cost is five rupees.
- Prayagraj Ardh Kumbh Mela 2019 is the Ardh Kumbh Mela being held at Triveni Sangam in Prayagraj, Uttar Pradesh from 15 January to 4 March 2019.
- ISRO to launch its 40th communication satellite GSAT-31 on Feb 6
- The Indian Space Research Organisation, ISRO, is all set to launch its 40th communication satellite GSAT-31 on February 6 from the spaceport in French Guiana.
- The satellite with a mission life of 15 years will provide continuity to operational services on some of the in-orbit satellites and augment the Ku-band transponder capacity in Geostationary Orbit.
- GSAT-31 is scheduled for launch onboard the Ariane-5 (VA247) from Kourou in French Guiana. The satellite provides Indian mainland and island coverage.
- ISRO also said the GSAT-31 will be used for supporting VSAT networks, television uplinks, digital satellite news gathering, DTH television services, cellular back haul connectivity and many such applications.
· Assam tops in budgetary practices followed by states: Transparency International
- According to a survey by Transparency International, Assam tops in the ranking of best practices followed by states in budget formulation.
- Assam is the only state which has published a citizens budget in the public domain and Assam government is only government to conduct budget awareness campaign across 17 districts.
- Assam was followed by Andhra Pradesh and Odisha while Meghalaya, Manipur, and Punjab were figured at lower positions.
· Indus River Dolphin declared Punjabs State aquatic animal
- Punjab Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singhdeclared one of the rarest mammal, Indus River Dolphin, which is only found in Beas River, as Punjab State Aquatic Animal.
- Chief Minister approved to declare Kanjli Wetland and holy Kali Bein River as a wildlife conservation reserve to mark the historic celebration of 550th Parkash Purb of Sri Guru Nanak Dev.
- APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Tests and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Detailed Complete Prelims Notes