- Andhra Pradesh sanctions two medical colleges, to upgrade 31 hospitals
- Andhra Pradesh chief minister N Chandrababu Naidu announced the launch of five prestigious medical and health projects including two new medical colleges.
- The proposed medical colleges will be set up at Eluru and Vizianagaram. He also launched e-sub centres, and announced upgradation of 31 hospitals. A research and response centre will be set up at Uddahanam.
- With this Andhra Pradesh has emerged number one in implementation of health programmes, he said. The state government launched 48 projects in the past four years
- With the launch of government medical colleges in Eluru and Vizianagaram, all the distsricts have been covered with government medical colleges.
· Siamese fighting fish was named Thailands national aquatic animal
- Tiny, testy and eye-catching with a colorful fin plumage,the Siamese fighting fish was named Thailand’s national aquatic animal. Known in the West as a betta fish, the underwater brawler is popular in home aquariums for its iridescent body and many-hued tail.
- The government said in a statement that the cabinet approved a proposal for the “fighting fish to be the national fish”, citing its historical and cultural significance. Thailand’s official national animal is the elephant.
· India ropes in space technology to track border management
- India areas are island development, border security, communication and navigation, GIS and operations planning system, and border infrastructure development.
- The recommendation was given a green signal as Union Minister Rajnath Singh approved use of space technology at the borders.
- The task force headed by Joint Secretary (Border Management) and having members from Border Security Force (BSF), Department of Space and Border Management division of the Home Ministry consulted all stakeholders including BGFs, Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), National Security Council Secretariat (NSCS) and the Ministry of Defence (MoD).
- PM Modi lays foundation for Sela Tunnel
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone for the strategically important Sela Tunnel Project in Arunachal Pradesh.
- The project, costing Rs 687 crore, is being constructed by the Border Roads Organisation (BRO)
- It would be completed in the next three years.
- Once the 12.04-km tunnel is complete it will give a fillip to the overall development of the area as it will provide all-weather connectivity to Tawang and other areas.
· RBI resuced the policy repo rate by 6.25 percent
- TheReserve Bank of India (RBI) reduced the policy repo rate by 25 basis points to 6.25% in a bid to revive economic growth as it projected retail inflation to remain below its target of 4% for the next 12 months.
- The rate reduction was the first since August 2017. The RBI also simultaneously changed the stance of the policy to ‘neutral’ from ‘calibrated tightening’, which indicates that the central bank remains ready to move in either direction based on incoming data.
· Narendra Modi to launch DD Arunaprabha
- Prime Minister Narendra Modiis scheduled to launch DD Arunaprabha in Arunachal Pradesh at Itanagar on 9th February. DD Arunaprabha is India’s public service broadcaster Doordarshan’s exclusive channel based in Arunachal Pradesh. This will be Doordarshan’s 24th channel.
- These projects are part of the government’s focus for the development of the North-east region through its “Act East Policy”.
- The government is focusing on modernising and upgrading existing facilities in studios that are essential to sustain the ongoing activities and also for high definition television [HDTV] transmitters at Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai and Kolkata.
- For All India Radio, the scheme provides for FM expansion at 206 places, and the digitalisation of studios at 127 places is envisaged.
- The FM expansion programme will allow an 13% additional population of the country to listen to All India Radio programmes.
· Free treatment to all under 30 by 2022
- By 2022, all people up to the age of 30 years will not only get free health check-ups but also free medical treatment, said Union health minister JP Nadda.
- To attain that goal, he said the government was transforming primary and community health centres into health wellness centres and more than 20,000 such centres had been made so far.
- Under the Prime Minister’s National Dialysis Programme, 1.5 lakh people had taken the facility of free dialysis while under Ayushman scheme, more than 11 lakh people had been benefited in just four months.
· 12,000 MW solar power project by PSUs cleared
- The cabinet approved a proposal for setting up 12,000 MW grid-connected solar photo-voltaic (PV) power projects by government entities with viability gap funding (VGF) of Rs 8,580 crore.
- The capacity will be set up under Central PSU Scheme Phase-ll over the next four years through 2022-23 at an estimated investment of Rs 48,000 crore. The scheme envisages use of cells and modules manufactured domestically.
APPSC GROUP 1 Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APPSC GROUP 1 Notes are as follows:-
- APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Tests and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022