- Andhra Pradesh to form 3 finance corporations for BCs
- The Andhra Pradesh government would create three more finance corporations for the three sub-castes in the BC list.
- Government approved the proposal to start finance corporations for Mudiraj/Mutrasi/Tenugolla castes, Todday tappers and Nagaralu-Nagavamsa castes.
- These finance corporations would get Rs 10 crore each as corpus fund to take care of the welfare of the respective castes. The cabinet has authorised the apex body of the BC corporation to take care of the remaining 54 sub-castes in the BC lists, as the government had created finance corporations for the 85 castes so far.
- International Mother Language Day: 21 February
- International Mother Language Day is celebrated every year on 21st February.
- The main purpose of celebrating this day is to promote the awareness of language and cultural diversity all across the world.
- It was first announced by UNESCO on November 17, 1999. Since then it is being celebrated every year.
- The idea to celebrate International Mother Language Day was the initiative of Bangladesh.
- In Bangladesh the 21 February is the anniversary of the day when Bangladeshis fought for recognition for the Bangla language.
- Saudi Arabia joins International Solar Alliance
- Saudi Arabia signed an agreement to become the 73rd member of the International Solar Alliance (ISA).
- The organisation now has a total of 122 member countries.
- The signing of the agreement took place after a bilateral meeting between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Saudi Arabian Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, who arrived on a state visit to India.
- Operation Digital Board launched to provide better digital education
- Government has launched Operation Digital Board on the lines of Operation Blackboard to provide better digital education in schools.
- Under the initiative seven lakh classrooms of 9th, 10th and 11th standards and two lakh classrooms of colleges and Universities will be equipped with digital boards in the next three years.
- Human Resource Development Minister Prakash Javadekar said that it will convert the monologue classrooms into interactive ones.
- It will also improve the quality of education and offer new opportunities and new ways of teaching and learning.
- OFB gets clearance for producing 114 long-range artillery gun ‘Dhanush’
- The Ordnance Factory Board (OFB) has received a bulk production clearance from the Indian Army and the Defence Ministry for production of 114 ‘Dhanush’ artillery guns.
- ‘Dhanush’ is the first long-range artillery gun to be produced in India.
- It is a major success story of the ‘Make in India’ initiative.
- It is the product of efforts by the OFB and the Army with various contributions.
- Government relaxes Angel Tax Norms for Start-ups
- The Union government has liberalised angel tax rules, exempting registered start-ups of a specified size from the tax.
- Investments of up to Rs. 25 crore in an eligible company will be exempt from the angel tax.
- In addition, investments made by a listed company with a networth of at least Rs. 100 crore or a turnover of at least Rs. 250 crore will also be exempt.
- Also an entity shall be considered a startup upto 10 years from its date of incorporation / registration instead of the existing period of 7 years.
· Union Minister of Commerce & Industry and Civil Aviation, Suresh Prabhu, launched SWAYATT in New Delhi
- Suresh Prabhu, Union Minister of Commerce & Industry and Civil Aviation launched SWAYATT in New Delhi.
- SWAYATT-an initiative to encourage Start-ups, Women and Youth Advantage Through eTransactions on Government e-Marketplace (GeM).
- It aims at creating a conducive atmosphere for interaction between key stakeholders within our entrepreneurial ecosystem and Government e-Marketplace which is the national procurement portal.
- A Startup Runway which is an initiative under the collaboration of GeM with Startup India, established to provide help to start-ups, registered with Startup India so that it can gain access to the public procurement market and sell innovative products and services to government buyers.
· PM Modi inaugurated supercomputer ‘PARAM Shivay’ at IIT-BHU
- Supercomputer named ‘PARAM Shivay‘ of 833 teraflop capacity is built for ₹32.5 crore, at IIT-Banaras Hindu University (BHU).
- It will include 1 peta byte secondary storage.
- It was built under the ₹4,500-croreNational Supercomputing Mission (NSM), under which 73 supercomputers would be installed.
- India’s first supercomputer called PARAM 8000was launched in 1991.
· Kerala Police inducts India’s first humanoid robot officer
- Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan inducted India’s first humanoid robot ‘KP-BOT‘, gendered female, into the Kerala Police force at the rank of Sub-Inspector (SI).
- It’ll receive the visitors & direct them to different places according to their needs.
- APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Tests and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022