- Rajasthan govt liquor surcharge to generate funds for cow protection
- The Rajasthan government in Rajasthan has introduced a 20 per cent surcharge on liquor, the proceeds of which will be used for protection of cows in the state.
- The state government had in April last year imposed a 10 per cent surcharge on all non-judicial instruments for the protection of cows thus making rent agreements, mortgage papers and lease agreement costlier.
- In the drought affected areas of the state, there are 1,682 cow-shelters with 5.86 lakh cows. There are a total 2,562 cow-shelters having a population of nearly 8.58 lakh cows in Rajasthan.
- Rajasthan government has earned approximately Rs 895-crore from the 10 percent surcharge levied on stamp duty for conservation and propagation of cows and their progeny.
- In 2017-2018, the state government spent Rs 123.07 crore on 1603 cow-shelters. In the year 2015-16, before the surcharge was imposed, the state government spent Rs 1.80 crore for nurturing 4,449 bovines rescued from smuggling and slaughtering.
· Saudi Arabia becomes last country in the World to allow women to drive
- Women in Saudi Arabia have been legally allowed to drive for the first time in the history of one of the most conservative countries.
- On June 4, Saudi Arabia issued the first driving license to women, as Saudi King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saudofficially announced in September 2017 to allow women to drive.
- Driving schools for women have been set up in five cities in the kingdom.
· Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated Mundka-Bahadurgarh corridor
- 11-km-long fully elevated Mundka-Bahadurgarh stretch, with seven stations, is an extension of the existing Delhi Metro’s Green Linefrom Inderlok to Mundka.
- Union Urban Affairs Minister Hardeep Puri and Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar attended the function in Bahadurgarh.
- Bahadurgarh, is also known as ‘Gateway to Haryana‘.
- This is the third place in Haryana to be brought under Delhi Metro’s network, after Gurugram and Faridabad.
· Russia to supply technical security equipment to India
- Russian state atomic energy corporation Rosatom said that its subsidiary Nikiret has signed an agreement with Indian engineering services firm Core Energy Systems Pvt Ltd for the promotion of its technical security equipment in India.
- According to Core Chief Executive Pranay Kumar, the partnership will explore opportunities in the Indian government’s Comprehensive Integrated Border Management System (CIBMS) project.
· PM Modi inaugurates Rs 3,866 cr Mohanpura irrigation project in Madhya Pradesh
- The Rs. 3,866-crore Mohanpura irrigation project in Rajgarh district in Madhya Pradesh includes a dam and a canal system, which benefit 727 villages in the state.
- It would irrigate 1.25 lakh hectares of land and would also provide drinking water to over 400 villages.
- Madhya Pradesh chief minister – Shivraj Singh Chouhan
· Haryana makes use of LED bulbs mandatory in govt offices by 15 Aug
- As per directions of the Haryana’s Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar, all halogen, sodium bulbs and tube lights will be replaced with energy-efficient LED bulbs and tube lights.
- The use of incandescent lamps and purchase of sodium vapour lamps by government sector, government aided sector, boards and corporations and autonomous bodies have already been banned.
· PM Modi to inaugurate 3rd AIIB meeting in Mumbai
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the 3rd Annual Meeting of the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) on June 25-26 in Mumbai.
- The two-day event will be held at the Hotel Trident/Oberoi and NCPA.
- In the past, AIIB annual meetings have been held in Beijing, China, in 2016 and in Jeju, South Korea, in 2017.
· CEMS Sets Up first of its kind 24 Labs in Mumbai and Vizag
- The Centre of Excellence in Maritime & Shipbuilding(CEMS), a well-funded start-up in skill development for maritime and shipbuilding sector, has announced setting up of 24 labs -6 in Mumbai and 18 in Vizag campus.
- This is First-of-Its-Kind Infrastructure in Asia Pacific Region.
· Anukreethy Vas From Tamil Nadu Crowned 2018 Femina Miss India
- Anukreethy Vas, a 19-year-old Tamil Naducollege student, has been crowned Femina Miss India 2018 in a grand ceremony in Mumbai hosted by filmmaker Karan Johar and actor Ayushmann Kurrana.
- Anukreethy Vas was previously crowned fbb Colours Femina Miss Tamil Nadu.
- Meenakshi Chaudhary from Haryana was the first runner-up while Shreya Rao Kamavarapu from Andhra Pradesh secured the second runner-up position.
- Anukreethy Vas will now represent India at Miss World 2018while the two runners-up will represent the country at Miss Grand International 2018 and Miss United Continents 2018 respectively.
APPSC GROUP 1 Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APPSC GROUP 1 Notes are as follows:-
- APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Tests and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022