- Rajasthan government issues guidelines for CM Yuva Sambal Yojana
- The state government has issued detailed guidelines for the Mukhyamantri Yuva Sambal Yojana under which, the unemployed graduates are given an allowance of Rs 3,500 for girls and Rs 3,000 for boys per month. Though the scheme was launched from February this year.
- Under the scheme, only those members of the family whose annual income is less than Rs two lakh and any of the two members of a family could avail the benefit. Bonafide residents of the state and graduates or its equivalent from any recognized college in the state could take advantage of the scheme.
- Similarly, woman graduates from other states married to a bonafide resident of Rajasthan is also eligible. The maximum age limit is 30 years for general and 35 for reserved categories. In a year, 1.6 lakh eligible youth would be given this benefit for a maximum period of two years. In case of more than 1.6 lakh applicants in a year, preference would be given to the oldest of the lot. Those who are continuing their studies after graduation are not eligible for the scheme.
- World No Tobacco Day (WNTD) is observed on 31 May
- World No Tobacco Day (WNTD)is observed around the world every year on 31 May. Every year the World Health Organization (WHO)and global partners celebrate World No Tobacco Day (WNTD).
- The annual campaign is an opportunity toraise awareness on the harmful and deadly effects of tobacco use and second-hand smoke exposure, and to discourage the use of tobacco in any form.
- WNTD isone of eight official global public health campaigns marked by the WHO, along with World Health Day, World Blood Donor Day, World Immunization Week, World Tuberculosis Day, World Malaria Day, World Hepatitis Day, and World AIDS Day.
- World Milk Day is observed on 1 June
- World Milk Day is a day established by the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations to recognize theimportance of milk as a global food. It has been observed onJune 1 each year since 2001.
- The day is intended to provide an opportunity to bring attention to activities that are connected with the dairy sector.
- The World Milk Day event does not follow a specific theme in the world. Different countries, governments, and non-governmental organisations decide their own theme.
The theme for World Milk Day 2019 in India is“Drink Milk: Today & Everyday”.
- Union Cabinet Ministers Portfolio 2019
Rajnath Singh – Defence
Amit Shah – Home Affairs
Nirmala Sitharaman – Finance; Corporate Affairs
Subrahmanyam Jaishankar – External Affairs
Nitin Gadkari – Road Transport and Highways; Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
DV Sadananda Gowda – Chemical and Fertilizers
Ram Vilas Paswan – Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution
Narendra Singh Tomar – Agriculture and Farmers Welfare; Rural Development; Panchayati Raj
Ravi Shankar Prasad – Law and Justice; Communications; Electronics and Information Technology
Harsimrat Kaur Badal – Food Processing Industries
Thawarchand Gehlot – Social Justice and Empowerment
Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank – Human Resource Development
Arjun Munda – Tribal Affairs
Smriti Irani – Women and Child Development; Textiles
Dr. Harsh Vardhan – Health and Family Welfare; Science and Technology; Earth Sciences
Prakash Javdekar – Environment, Forest and Climate Change; Information and Broadcasting
Piyush Goyal – Railways; Commerce and Industries
Dharmendra Pradhan – Petroleum and Natural Gas; Steel
Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi – Minority Affairs
Prahlad Joshi – Parliamentary Affairs; Coal; Mines
Mahendra Nath Pandey – Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
Arvind Sawant – Heavy Industries and Public Enterprise
Giriraj Singh – Animal Husbandry, Dairying, and Fisheries
Gajendra Singh Shekhawat – Jal Shakti
- Tribal Odisha’s woman Chandrani Murmu of BJD became the youngest MP in the country and her debut in Parliament
- A tribal woman from Odisha, Chandrani Murmuaged 25 of Biju Janata Dal (BID) party became the youngest MP in the country.
- She defeated the two-time BJP MP Ananta Nayak by a margin of 66,203 votes and claimed the Keonjhar constituency, Odisha.
- She replaced Dushyant Chautala who was elected at the age of 26 from the Hisar Lok Sabha seat in 2014.
- She defeated the two-time BJP MP Ananta Nayak by a margin of 66,203 votes and claimed the Keonjhar constituency with her victory.
- She became the youngest MP in India’s history
- After spending her childhood in the Tikargumura village of Odisha, Chandrani Murmu completed her Bachelors in Technology from the Siksha O Anusandhan University in Bhubaneswar in 2017.
- RBI to observe financial literacy week from June 5-9
- The Reserve Bank of India will observe Financial Literacy Week across the country from 3rd to 7th of June.
- The theme this year is – ‘Farmers and how they benefit by being a part of the formal banking system’.
- Posters and leaflets will be used to spread awareness and spread the message of financial literacy among the farming community.
- The RBI has advised banks to display the posters and content in their rural bank branches, Financial Literacy Centres, ATMs and websites.
- Tenth National Science Film Festival of India to be held in Agartala, Tripura in 2020
- 10th National Science Film Festival of India(NSFFl) will be in Agartala, Tripura in January-February 2020.
- This is for the second time the event will be held in a North-Eastern city.
- It will be jointly hosted by Vigyan Prasar of the Central Government, State Government, and Tripura Central University.
- APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Tests and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022