- Policy on intellectual property rights soon
- The state government is working on intellectual property rights (IPRs) to foster innovation and creativity to nurture entrepreneurship and startup ecosystem, promote science and technology and boost both manufacturing and service sectors.
The draft of the policy has already been approved by the government and the policy is likely to be announced in the forthcoming assembly session.
- Specific objectives have been identified in this policy ranging from generation and protection of IPRs, development of skilled human resource, incentive for filing IPRs, commercialization of IPRs, interface between industry-academia, encouraging foreign investment, use of biological resources and traditional knowledge and legal protection.
- The execution of the policy will be made by Rajasthan State Intellectual Property Council (RSIPC) and with the help of stakeholders, it will formulate the steps to be taken to promote, strengthen and facilitate the IP ecosystem existing in the state.
- Besides incentives, commercialization of IPRs has been a roadblock for many innovations. Lack of funds has held back researchers in rolling out their breakthrough ideas, finding mass adoption and technology transfers.
- The draft policy also has the provision of setting up IP Cells and technology transfer offices (TTO) at educational institutions and universities.
IP cells will have the complete IP database of university, along with all sort of IP support to researchers and academicians.
- India slips 5 places to 141 on Global Peace Index 2019
- India has slipped by four points in an annual global index on peacefulness this year, finishing at 141 among 163 countries.
- Iceland remained at the top position, according to a report by an international think tank.
- The Global Peace Index (GPI) gauges ongoing domestic and international conflict, safety and security in society, and the degree of militarisation in 163 countries and territories by taking into account 23 indicators.
- Iceland remains the most peaceful country in the world, a position it has held since 2008.
- June month is celebrated as the LGBTQ Pride month
- June monthis celebrated as the Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer or questioning (LGBTQ) Pride month all over the world. The LGBTQ pride month is celebrated to commemorate the anniversary of Stonewall riots at Stonewall Inn in New York, a gathering space for LGBTQ community during the 60s.
- It provides role models, builds community, and represents a civil rights statement about the contributions of the LGBT community. The month is observed by United States, United Kingdom, Canada. LGBT History Month originated in the United States. It was first celebrated in 1994.
- The commemoration of the month is to recognize the impact that lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender individuals have had on history locally, nationally, and internationally.
- Union Cabinet cleared NDIAC Bill, 2019 on institutionalised arbitration
- The Union Cabinet has cleared the New Delhi International Arbitration Centre (NDIAC) Bill, 2019, which provides for setting up of an independent and autonomous body for institutional arbitration.
- It also aims to acquire and transfer the undertakings of International Centre For Alternative Dispute Resolution to New Delhi International Arbitration Centre (NDIAC) with effect from March 2 this year.
- The Bill provides to replace and repeal the NDIAC Ordinance, 2019.
- The proposed New Delhi International Arbitration Centre is headed by a chairperson, who has been a judge of the Supreme Court or a judge of a high court or an eminent person, having special knowledge and experience in the conduct or administration of arbitration.
- India accounts for 6.3% of global fish production
- India is the second largest fish producing country in the world as it accounts for 6.3 per cent of the global fish production, a release by the Fisheries Department.
- The fisheries sector in the country is growing at a rate of 7 per cent, sustaining 14.5 million fishermen.
- There is a huge potential in harnessing tuna and tuna-like species in the Indian Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ).
- India to celebrated the 20th anniversary of victory in Operation VIJAY
- India is to celebrate the 20th anniversary of victory in Operation VIJAY, which popularly known as the Kargil War.The Kargil War is a saga of strong political, military and diplomatic actions.
- The Kargil Vijay Diwas celebrations for the year 2019 will be spread over three days from 25-27 July 2019 and will be organized atDras and New Delhi.However, as part of the build up to the main event, numerous activities are planned to be organized all over the country with effect from first week of July 2019.
- Thetheme of the day is ‘Remember, Rejoice and Renew’. The objective of these celebrations is to evoke feeling of nationalism and patriotism through nationwide campaigns especially amongst youth and to pay homage to the valiant soldiers.
- Operation Sunrise was carried out between India and Myanmar to target militant group
- Operation Sunrise 2 is a coordinated military operation which was carried out between India and Myanmar to target militant groups.The Indian army and Myanmar Army carried out a three-week-long coordinated operation in their respective border areas fromMay 16. The operation targeted several militant groups operating in Manipur, Nagaland and Assam.
- Himachal Pradesh made GPS mandatory for trekkers
- TheHimachal Pradesh government made it mandatory for trekkers to carry a GPS device to tackle any exigency on 18 June 2019. The decision was made in a review meeting chaired by Additional Chief Secretary Shrikant Baldi on preparedness for the monsoon in Shimla.
- The announcement also added that it is important that trekking and other yatras must be restricted during adverse weather. Being a disaster-prone state special attention must be taken to disseminate weather advisoriesand installing early warning systems in Himachal Pradesh.
- APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Tests and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022