- Rajasthan’s Saraswati is ‘poorest’ MP in India, says ADR report
- Sumedhanand Saraswati (67), Lok Sabha MP from Sikar, is the “poorest” parliamentarian in the country having declared a total asset of just Rs. 34,311, which is the lowest, according to the Association for Democratic Reforms (ADR) report.
- According to the ADR report, Telugu Desam Party (TDP) MP Jayadev Galla is the richest MP having declared assets worth Rs. 683 crore. Another MP from Jhargram, West Bengal, Uma Saren (Trinamool Congress), declared assets worth Rs. 4,99,646, which is the second lowest.
- As many as 430 (83%) of the total 521 members are crorepatis and the average assets per MP for 2014 Lok Sabha elections are Rs 14.72 crore, finds the report.
- It also says party-wise, 227 (85%) of 267 BJP MPs, 37 (82%) of the 45 Congress MPs, 29 (78%) of the 37 AIADMK MPs and 22 (65%) of the 34 TMC MPs have declared assets worth more than Rs 1 crore.
- Finland tops Global Happiness Index for the second straight year
- Finland has been ranked as the happiest country in the world for the second year.
- Indian figures at 140th place, seven spots down from last year, on this year’s UN World Happiness Report.
- The report was released by the Sustainable Development Solutions Network for the United Nations on March 20 which was declared as World Happiness Day by the UN General Assembly in 2012.
- The report ranks countries on six key variables that support well-being: income, freedom, trust, healthy life expectancy, social support and generosity.
- World Tuberculosis Day is observed on 24 March
- World Tuberculosis Dayis observed on 24 March each year. World TB Day is marked by the World Health Organization (WHO). It is designed to build public awareness about the global epidemic of tuberculosis (TB) and efforts to eliminate the disease. The theme of World TB Day 2019 is ‘It’s time’.
- The date marks the day in 1882 whenRobert Kochannounced that he had discovered the bacterium that causes TB, Mycobacterium tuberculosis. His discovery opened the way towards diagnosing and curing this disease.
- Italy to join China’s Belt and Road Initiative
- Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte pledged to make Italy the first Group of Seven nation to join China’s ambitious Belt and Road initiative (BRI).
- This move will help rebalance Italy’s trade with the Asian nation.
- Four Italian ports could reportedly be opened to Chinese investments for BRI.
- The US has warned Italy against joining the Chinese initiative.
- RBI Governor called for permanent status to Finance Commission
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) governor Shaktikanta Dascalled for permanent status to Finance Commission. RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das is also the member of the fifteenth finance commission.
- The permanent status will ensure consistencies between finance commissions so that there is some certainty in the flow of funds to states. The permanent status will also provide for continuity between the successive finance commissions. The establishment of the finance commission through permanent status will also enable it toaddress issues arising from the implementation of the recommendations of the finance commission during the intervening period.
- The RBI governor also called on for a robust expenditure planning without compromising on fiscal consolidation as fiscal federalism gathers momentum in the era of uniformgoods and services tax (GST). The planning is to address the socio-economic challenges without diluting the goals of fiscal consolidation.
- Advanced electronic intelligence satellite to be launched on Apr 1: ISRO
- India on April 1 will launch an advanced electronic intelligence satellite – EMISAT, along with 28 other international satellites.
- India’s Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV), in its 47th mission (PSLV-C45), will launch EMISAT.
- The satellite is slated for liftoff at 0930 Hrs on April 1.
- EMISAT is a primary satellite jointly by developed ISRO and the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and weighs around 436 kilograms.
- It will measure the electromagnetic spectrum in space.
- The 28 international customer satellites are from four countries – Lithuania, Spain, Switzerland and the United States.
- Navin Chawla’s new book titled ‘Every Vote Counts’ islaunched
- Former Chief Election Commissioner of India Navin Chawla’s book ‘Every Vote Counts’ was launched by former Vice President of India, Hamid Ansari in New Delhi.
- This book is about how the electoral machinery works in India.
- The book explains about India is on the cusp of change, and with its parliamentary elections coming up.
- 64th Filmfare Awards 2019
- The 64th Vimal Filmfare Awards 2019 kicked off at the Jio Garden in BKC, Mumbai.
Best Actor: Ranbir Kapoor for Sanju
Best Actress: Alia Bhatt for Raazi
Best Film: Raazi
Best Director: Meghna Gulzar for Raazi
Best Playback Singer (Male): Arijit Singh for Ae Watan – Raazi
Best Playback Singer (Female): Shreya Ghoshal for Ghoomar – Padmaavat
Best Music Album: Sanjay Leela Bhansali for Padmaavat
APPSC GROUP 1 Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APPSC GROUP 1 Notes are as follows:-
- APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Tests and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022