- More Aadhaar cards than Hyderabad’s population generated, UIDAI in a fix
- Huge discrepancies have come to light in projected population of Hyderabad and Rangareddy districts as well as bifurcated Andhra Pradesh vis a vis census records and the number of Aadhaar cards generated, putting UIDAI authorities in a fix.
- while the projected population of AP in 2017 is 5.25 crore, 5.14 crore Aadhaar cards have been generated. To add to the confusion, the Pulse Survey in bifurcated AP established the state’s population at 4.7 crore.
· Basel to become first city to jointly host Badminton and Para Badminton World Championships in 2019
- Baselwill become the first city to jointly host the Badminton and Para-Badminton World Championships in 2019.
- The Badminton World Federation (BWF)confirmed that the two tournaments: Badminton and Para-Badminton World Championships will be held simultaneously for the first time.
- Basel beat off competition from Tokyo to land the 2019 Para-Badminton World Championshipsin a vote which was delayed by the BWF Council to allow further discussions.
- The event will be the last held in the sport before Para-Badminton makes its Paralympic Games debut at Tokyo 2020.
- Exclusive ‘Rural Livelihood’ scheme for Northeast
- The unique scheme under the title “North East Rural Livelihood Project” is being supported by the World Bank and will primarily benefit the tribals and the lower socioeconomic groups, including women, in the North-Eastern Region (NER).
- To begin with, four states, – Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura, will be taken up for helping the tribal and even the non-tribal lower groups living in remote areas.
- The project is aimed at assisting over 10,000 Self Help Groups (SHGs) and benefit about three lakh poor households.
- TN has highest number of women entrepreneurs: Report
- Tamil Nadu has the highest number of women entrepreneurs in India, followed by Kerala and West Bengal, reveals a new report.
- Nearly 80 per cent of women entrepreneurs in India are self-financing their businesses, with little utilisation of the various government schemes.
- Goa, Jammu and Kashmir, Karnataka, Rajasthan, and West Bengal have emerged as top five states offering the maximum number of schemes for women entrepreneurs, it said.
· SBI launches YONO, an Integrated app for Financial Services
- State Bank of India, the country’s largest public sector bank, has launched a unified integrated app called YONO (You Need Only One) that would offer all kinds of financial and lifestyle products.
- YONO will also allow customers to meet their lifestyle needs across 14 categories including booking and renting cabs, entertainment, dining experience, travel and stay, medical needs.
- To provide the customised offers and discounts, SBI has partnered with e-commerce players including Amazon, Uber, Ola, Myntra, Jabong, Shoppers Stop, Cox & Kings, Thomas Cook, Yatra, Airbnb, Swiggy, and Byus.
· Union Government to initiate Safe city plan for women in eight cities
- Union Government will soon initiate a comprehensive‘safe city’ plan for women in eight cities for women in eight metropolitan cities of the country.
- The Safe city plan will serve as robust emergency response system and provides police-verified public transport will come into place.
- The plan will be forwarded by respective State Level Committee headed by Chief Secretary of the state.
· Reserve Bank of India Raises Shareholding Limit of ARCs
- The Reserve bank of India (RBI) allowed Asset Reconstruction Companies (ARCs) to hold more than 26% post-conversion of debt into equity in companies undergoing restructuring.
- In a notification, the central bank notified the extent of shareholding post-conversion will be in accordance with permissible foreign direct investment (FDI) limit for that specific sector.
· HRD ministry launches Digital Signature campaign on Constitution Day
- The Ministry of Human Resources Affairs Development launched a Digital Signaturecampaign on Constitution Day affirming faith in Indian Constitution and to generate awareness on fundamental duties enshrined in the Constitution. Giving the link in a tweet, Mr Javadekar stated that people can join the campaign by filling a form online.
- The 26th November is celebrated as Constitution Day.
APPSC GROUP 1 Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APPSC GROUP 1 Notes are as follows:-
- APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Tests and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Detailed Complete Prelims Notes