- World Bank to assist State in transforming health sub-centres
- The World Bank came forward to fund for the development of 7,500 health sub-centres as electronic sub-centres (e-sub-centres). As part of the programme, e-health records would be maintained in all the e-sub-centres apart from extending telemedicine facility. The e-health centres include 1,147 Primary Health Centres (PHCs), 192 Community Health Centres (CHCs), 31 area hospitals, 13 district hospitals and 23 teaching hospitals.
- Naidu launched three programmes in health sector. A programme focusses on reduction of maternal and infant mortality rate. Strengthening of labour rooms, Special Newborn Care Units (SNCUs), Newborn Stabilisation Units (NBSUs) in government hospitals in the State would be part of the programme. It also focusses on deploying proficient and adept medical workforce at government facilities to reduce maternal and infant mortality.
- The TB Eradication Project and Green Hospitals Project are two other programmes. The government aims at eradicating TB in the State by 2022. The Medical and Health Department entered into a tripartite agreement with NREDCAP and two service providers to take up solar rooftop projects. Under the programme, in the first phase 23 areas hospitals and 22 teaching hospitals will be covered under solar roofing with 8 mw capacity power generation as part of Green Hospitals Project.
- James Allison and Tasuku Honjo win Nobel Prize in Medicine
- American James Allison and Japan’s Tasuku Honjo have won the 2018 Nobel Prize in Medicine for a pioneering approach to cancer treatment.
- The Nobel committee said the pair’s research — which harnesses the body’s immune system to attack cancer cells — amounted to a “landmark in our fight against cancer.”
- The approach, known as immune checkpoint theory, had “revolutionized cancer treatment and has fundamentally changed the way we view how cancer can be managed,”
- ADB and India sign $150 Million Loan to Improve Regional Connectivity
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Government of India signed a $150 Million Loan to finance continued improvements to road connectivity and efficiency of the International Trade Corridor in West Bengal and North-Eastern Region of India.
- Approved in 20’14, the Program aims to expand about 500 kilometers of roads in India’s North Bengal and North-Eastern Region that will enable efficient and safe transport within India and regionally with other SASEC member countries.
· India, Uzbekistan join hands for developing ICT Sector
- Minister for Electronics & Information Technology, Ravi Shankar Prasad and his counterpart Shuhrat Sadikov was held for strengthening the ICT sector.
- Union IT Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad assured his counterpart that India will provide all possible technical support from the Indian side in the digital growth of Uzbekistan.
- The two MoU are
- Agreement between National Informatics Centre (NIC),India and e-Government System development centre of the Ministry for Development of Information Technologies and Communications of Uzbekistan for strengthening e-Governance cooperation.
· Assam, 1st State To Launch Wage Compensation Scheme For Pregnant Women In Tea Gardens
- The scheme will be launched by Assam Chief Minister Sarbanand Sonowal in Guwahati.
- The announcement was made by the state’s Health and Finance Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma.
- Under the scheme, an amount of Rs 12,000 will be given to the pregnant women so that they can take care of themselves and the unborn baby.
· Government Cuts Gross Borrowing Estimate For Current Fiscal By Rs 70,000 Crore
- The Union Government announced a reduction in gross borrowing estimate for the current fiscal by 70,000 crore rupeesand maintained that the government will contain fiscal deficit target at 3.3%.
- Mr Garg gave the details about the borrowing programmes for the second half of the fiscal and announced that the government would be borrowing around 2 lakh 50,000 crore rupees as compared to 2 lakh 88,000 crores during April-September of 2018-19.
· Govt announces states’ financial inclusion index, easy online MSME loans
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley launched a common online platform for micro, small and medium enterprises (MSME) credit which will enable businesses to get loans up to Rs 10 millionapproved through a completely automated process within just 59 minutes.
- Arun Jaitley launched the Financial Inclusion Index (FII) in New Delhi. The index will be released by the Department of Financial Services (DFS) under the Ministry of Finance by the end of this year and it would rate states on their performance on last-mile banking services availability.
- The index will include the following three measurement dimensions:
(i) Access to financial services
(ii) Usage of financial services
APPSC GROUP 1 Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APPSC GROUP 1 Notes are as follows:-
- APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Tests and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Detailed Complete Prelims Notes