- to work on Tirupati-Hong Kong direct flight to woo Chinese investors
- Buoyed by the response from Chinese firms and their keenness to invest in Andhra Pradesh, the State government has promised the “prospective investors” that it would ensure a direct flight between Tirupati, which is being developed as an electronics hub, and Hong Kong. The government is contemplating providing viability gap funding (VGF) to private airline operators who are willing to operate direct flights to Hong Kong.
- The government had chalked out plans to set up electronics manufacturing cluster II in 322 acres at a cost of ₹2,827.5 crore near Tirupati. It had a potential to provide employment to 52,900 youths. For developing infrastructure, the State government would have to spend about ₹30.7 crore.
- World Students’ Day: 15 October
- World Students’ Day is observed to mark the birthday of A. P. J. Abdul Kalam. It is observed on Kalam’s birthday, 15 October.
- In 2015 the United Nations declared 15 October “World Students’ Day”.
- Kalam was the 11th president of India.
· Air Quality Early Warning System for Delhi launched
- Air Quality Early Warning System for Delhi was launched in Delhi by the Union Minister for Earth Sciences and Environment, Dr. Harsh Vardhan.
- The System is designed to predict extreme air pollution events and give alerts to take necessary steps as per Graded Response Action Plan (GRAP) of the Government of India.
- The air pollution system has been developed jointly by the scientists at Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM), Pune, India Meteorological Department and National Centre for Medium Range Weather Forecasting (NCMRWF).
· Government launches award scheme under ‘Saubhagya’
- Awards would be provided for achieving 100 per cent household electrification at DISCOM/Power Department level of the States.
- Eight States which have already achieved more than 99 per cent household electrification prior to launch of Saubhagya (Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Goa, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Kerala, Punjab and Tamil Nadu), are ineligible for participation under the award scheme. All the remaining States and their Discoms are eligible for the award.
· Drought conditions in 1/3rd of districts
- The June-september monsoon, which was 9% below normal, has caused drought-like conditions in almost a third of the districts in India, putting farmers in these high-deficiency areas under stress, data from the India Meteorological Department and reports from states showed. Over 200 districts received below-average rainfall this year.
- Ahead of a general election next year, rural distress will likely keep the Modi government under pressure from farmers already battling higher cultivation costs, pricier diesel needed to run farm equipment and poor returns due to a slump in commodity prices.
· Centre is to set up a committee to deal issues raised by Metoo India movement
- Minister for Women and Child Development Maneka Gandhiannounced that the Centre is to set up a committee of judges and lawyers to examine the existing legal and institutional framework. The committee is to deal with complaints of sexual harassment at the workplace that are emanating from the#MeTooIndia movement.
- The move comes even as the government is yet to make a statement on allegations by several women journalists against Minister of State for External Affairs J. Akbar.
APPSC GROUP 1 Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APPSC GROUP 1 Notes are as follows:-
- APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Tests and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022