- Rajasthan Scheme : Rajshree Yojana
- From the birth of a girl to class 12th, financial assistance of up to 50,000 parents is provided to the parent for education, health and care. This amount is given in the following steps.
- 2500 rupees at birth of daughter
- 2500 rupees for one year of vaccination
- 4000 rupees for admission in first class
- 5000 rupees for admission in class 6
- 11000 rupees for admission in class 10
- 25000 on passing grade 12
- Armies of India and Japan to hold first ever joint exercise from November 1
- Armies of India and Japan will hold their first ever joint exercise from November 1 at a jungle warfare school in Mizoram’s Vairengte with a focus on strengthening counter-terror cooperation.
- The focus of the two-week-long exercise ‘Dharma Guardian” will be to increase interoperability between the two forces and enhance coordination in dealing with various security challenges.
- The Indian contingent will be represented by 6/1 Gorkha Rifles while the Japanese contingent will be represented by 32 Infantry Regiment of the Japanese Ground Self Defence Force.
· Study says climate change threatens World Heritage sites
- A study published in the journalNature presented a risk index that ranks the sites according to the threat they face from today until the end of the century. It stated that the UNESCO World Heritage sites in the Mediterranean such as Venice, the Leaning Tower of Pisa and the Medieval City of Rhodes are under severe threat of coastal erosion and flooding due to rising sea levels within the next 100 years. It also included Venice and its Lagoon, Ferrara, City of the Renaissance, and its Po Delta and the Patriarchal Basilica of Aquileia.
- Heritage sites face many challenges to adapt to theeffects of sea-level rise as it changes the value and spirit of place for each site.
· Stephen Hawking’s last Book : Brief Answers to the Big Questions
- In “Brief Answers To The Big Questions”, the last book published in renowned physicist Stephen Hawkings name, he has reached the conclusion that there is no God.
- It has been completed by Hawking’s family after his death, and features answers to several pertinent questions that were put to the physicist during his illustrious life.
- Among the popular books Stephen Hawking published are “A Brief History of Time”, “Black Holes and Baby Universes and Other Essays”, “The Universe in a Nutshell”, “The Grand Design” and “My Brief History”.
- Bihar’s Shahi litchi gets GI tag
- After Katrani rice, Jardalu mango and Magahi paan, Bihars Shahi litchi has got the Geographical Indication (GI) tag and has become an exclusive brand in the national and international market.
- The famous Shahi litchi, which is famous for its sweet, juicy, unique flavour and aroma, is mostly grown in Muzaffarpur and neighbouring districts including East Champaran, Vaishali, Samastipur and Begusarai.
- India finishes with 16th in Youth Olympic Games
- India’s campaign at the 2018 Summer Youth Olympic Games in Buenos Aires ended with 13 medals (three gold medals, nine silvers and one bronze).
- This is India’s best medal haul at the Summer Youth Olympic Games. India had won 8 medals in 2010 and 2 in 2014.
- Overall, India finishes the campaign on 16th spot. Russia and china grabbed the top two spots respectively.
- Commemoration of ’75th Year of Establishment of Azad Hind Government’
- The Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi, would be hoisting the National flag and unveiling the plaque to celebrate the 75th anniversary of the formation of Azad Hind Government on 21st October, 2018, at the Red Fort, Delhi.
- The Azad Hind Government, founded on 21st October, 1943 was inspired by Neta ji Subhash Chandra Bose who was the leader of Azad Hind Government and also the Head of State of this Provisional Indian Government-in-exile.
- It was a part of the freedom movement, originating in 1940s outside India with a purpose of allying with Axis powers to free India from British rule.
- Assam celebrates Kati Bihu festival
- Assam’s Bihu festival, known as Kati Bihu or Kongali Bihu, is being celebrated across the state.
- On the occasion of Kati Bihu, women, both in urban and rural areas, try to ward off evil and pray for a rich harvest by lighting earthen lamps.
- The festival derives its name from the Assamese month of Kati.
· India’s Highest Tricolour Unfurled At Haj House In Mumbai
- Union Minister for Minority Affairs Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi unfurled India’s highest tricolor on the terrace of the majestic Haj House in Mumbai.
- The national flag measured 20×30 feet and stood 350 feet above the ground level.
- The flag atop a 20-meter high mast on top of the iconic building is near the Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus (CSMT)in south Mumbai.
- APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Tests and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022