- 50% of Andhra Pradesh to be under green cover by 2029:
- The conference was organised by the National Green Tribunal (NGT) in collaboration with the Pollution Control Boards (PCB) of both Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
- Chief Minister said in a conference “Within two-three years, there would be no solid waste in AP and sewerage treatment will be taken care of. The Government of India has appointed me as the convener of Swachh Bharat Committee and we will hold the Swachh AP programme between Sept 15 and Oct 2. We have succeeded in making 4,000 villages open defecation free (ODF) and by next October, we plan to achieve 100% ODF villages. By 2050, our vision is to make Vizag the best tourist destination. We are doing our best to maintain the environment while working towards a sustainable economy,”
- Japan releases postage stamps on Indian yoga experts
- Acknowledging the role played by yoga legend Bishnu Charan Ghosh and his family members in spreading Indian postural yoga in Japan, the Japanese postal department has released postage stamps on four of Bengal’s famous exponents of the ancient Indian practice.
- The stamps on Bishnu Charan Ghosh, his son Biswanath Ghosh, daughter Karuna Ghosh and Karuna’s father in law Asutosh Ghosh, that were released recently in Japan, were official showcased here by the Japanese Consul General in Kolkata, Masayuki Taga.
- India ranks third among countries that faced most natural disasters
- India ranked third among the countries that have faced the most natural disasters in the last half century, UN secretary-general Antonio Guterres said pleading for unwavering international action on climate change.
- The United States, followed by China, India, the Philippines and Indonesia, have experienced the most disasters since 1995.
- Climate change was among the seven global threats that he listed needing immediate global action.
- India to conduct the First ‘BIMSTEC Disaster Management Exercise- 2017’ from October 10-13
- The First ‘BIMSTEC Disaster Management Exercise- 2017’ (BIMSTEC DMEx-2017) are conducted by the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF)as the lead agency from October 10-13, 2017 in Delhi and the National Capital Region (NCR).
- It is a platform for sharing Best Practices on all aspects of Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR), strengthening regional response and coordination for Disaster Management among the BIMSTEC member countries.
- BCCI nominates MS Dhoni for Padma Bhushan award
- The Indian cricket board nominated Mahendra Singh Dhoni for the country’s third highest civilian award the Padma Bhushan for his contribution to the game.
- Two World titles (2011 50-over World Cup and 2007 World T20), nearly 10,000 runs, 90 Test matches.
- Zero Hunger Programme to be launched in October
- India’s ambitious Zero Hunger Programme through interventions in farm sector will be launched on occasion of World Food Day(October 16) with focus on agriculture, nutrition and health in a symbiotic manner. The Programme will be initiated by Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR).
- The programme consists of organisations of a farming system for nutrition, setting up genetic gardens for biofortified plants and initiation of‘Zero Hunger
- The program will be launched in three districts namely Gorakhpur (Uttar Pradesh), Koraput (Odisha) and Thane (Maharashtra).
- Tripura is the First State to Set Up Family Welfare Committees
- Tripura becomes the first state in the country to set up family welfare district committees to examine the complaints of women against their husbands and in-laws and find an amicable solution.
- Tripura High Court is the first high court among 24 high courts of the country that has constituted the family welfare district committees.
- The new system would be valid for the next six months and after that National Legal Services Authority (NLSA) would submit a report of its performance to the apex court, on the basis of which a new course of action would be decided.
- Union Government to launch mobile app for retiring govt staff
- Union Government will launch amobile applicationfor central government employees to help them to monitor the progress of their pension settlement cases.
- Retired employees will also be able to assess their superannuation funds and record complaints through the pension calculator.
- Minister of State for Public Grievances and Pensions Dr. Jitendra Singh will launch the app in New Delhi.
- He will also inaugurate the first Pension Adalat.
[/lockercat]APPSC GROUP 1 Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APPSC GROUP 1 Notes are as follows:-
- APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Tests and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Detailed Complete Prelims Notes