- APPCB to grant ₹200 crore loan for Masula port
- The Andhra Pradesh Pollution Control Board has been directed to grant an advance loan to the tune of ₹200 crore to the Machilipatnam Urban Development Authority for gathering land for the proposed deep sea port.
- The MUDA will receive the grant through the Municipal Administration and Urban Development Ministry.
- The process of obtaining a loan of ₹1,385 crore is in progress for both the port and industrial corridor projects. The advance loan will be returned to the APPCB once the loan is obtained from the banks
- India ranks 130 in UN’s human development index
- India climbed one spot to 130 among 189 countries in the latest human development index released by the United Nations Development Programme.
- Within South Asia, India’s human development index (HDI) value is above the average of 0.638 for the region, with Bangladesh and Pakistan, countries with similar population size, being ranked 136 and 150 respectively.
- In 2016, India’s HDI value of 0.624 put it at 131 rank.
- India’s HDI value for 2017 is 0.640, which put the country in the medium human development category
- Norway, Switzerland, Australia, Ireland and Germany led the ranking, while Niger, the Central African Republic, South Sudan, Chad and Burundi have the lowest scores.
Gk bit – HDI (Human Development Index)
- The Human Development Index (HDI) is a statistical tool used to measure a country’s overall achievement in its social and economic dimensions. The social and economic dimensions of a country are based on the health of people, their level of education attainment and their standard of living.
- Pakistani economist Mahbub ul Haq created HDI in 1990 which was further used to measure the country’s development by the United Nations Development Program (UNDP).
· Global Climate Action Summit: Indian Cities, States Step Up Climate Action Plans
- Over 4000 businesses, cities, states and civil society delegates attended the summit and showed their commitments to achieve the goals set by the Paris Agreement.
- The co-chairs of the Summit, Governor of California Edmund G. Brown Jr. and UN’s Special Envoy for Climate Action Michael R Bloomberg unveiled a new report demonstrating how cities, states and businesses can help the US in achieving its 2025 emissions reduction target.
- Hindi Divas: 14 September
- Hindi Divas or Hindi day is an annual day celebrated on 14 September in India.
- On this day in 1949, the Constituent Assembly of India had adopted Hindi written in Devanagari script as the official language of the Republic of India under the Article 343.
- Hindi is spoken by 250 million people as the original language and it is the fourth language of the world.
- There are 22 Scheduled languages of India, of which, two are officially used at Union government of India level: Hindi and English.
- In 1881, Bihar accepted Hindi as its sole official language, replacing Urdu, and thus became the first stateof India to adopt Hindi.
- Vice president Venkaiah Naidu gave away Rajbhasha Kirti Puraskar2017-18 on Hindi Diwas 2018.
- World First Aid Dayis also celebrated on 14th September.
· India’s first tribal circuit tourism project under Swadesh Darshan scheme inaugurated at Chhattisgarh
- The central government had allocated about 100 crore rupeesto develop this project to highlight tribal culture to the domestic and foreign tourists.
- The circuit connects 13 tourism sites in Chhattisgarh – Jashpur, Kunkuri, Mainpat, Kamleshpur, Maheshpur, Kurdar, Sarodadadar, Gangrel, Kondagaon, Nathiya Nawagaon, Jagdalpur, Chitrakoot, and Tirthgarh.
- Under the theme of the tribal circuit, close to Rs 400 crorehas been sanctioned to the states of Chhattisgarh, Telangana and Nagaland.
Gk bit – Swadesh darshan scheme
- Under the plan scheme ‘Swadesh Darshan’ and ‘PRASAD’ the Ministry of Tourism provides Central Financial Assistance (CFA) to State Governments/Union Territory Administrations, for various tourism projects subject to availability of funds, liquidation of pending utilization certificates and adherence to the scheme guidelines.
Under the Swadesh Darshan scheme, thirteen thematic circuits have been identified, for development namely: North-East India Circuit, Buddhist Circuit, Himalayan Circuit, Coastal Circuit, Krishna Circuit, Desert Circuit, Tribal Circuit, Eco Circuit, Wildlife Circuit, Rural Circuit, Spiritual Circuit, Ramayana Circuit and Heritage Circuit.
- Coast Guard commissions patrol vessel ‘Vijaya’
- The Indian Coast Guard commissioned the indigenously built patrol vessel ‘Vijaya’, fitted with advanced navigation and communication equipment.
- The 98-metre ship will be based at Paradip in Odisha for extensive surveillance in the Exclusive Economic Zone.
- APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Tests and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Detailed Complete Prelims Notes