- 1,300-year-old Jain scriptures on display in Jaipur
- For the first time in Jaipur, two 1,300-year-old Jain religious scriptures on palm leaves have been put on display at an exhibition in Abhigyan Bhawan at Mansarovar.
- Scriptures, manuscripts and invitation letters as old as 1,200 years have been brought from Anekant Gyan Mandir at Bina in Madhya Pradesh, which houses more than 25,000 rare manuscripts collected from all over India.
- These rare manuscripts contain Jain religious texts along with ayurveda, geology, astrology and fables. There are scriptures with gold-painted illustrations which date back to 700 years.
- PM Modi, Nepalese PM inaugurates Motihari-Amlekhgunj oil pipeline
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Nepal’s Prime Minister K.P.Sharma Oli jointly inaugurated Motihari-Amlekhgunj cross border petroleum products pipeline through video conference.
- This is the first transnational petroleum pipeline form India and first South Asian oil pipeline corridor.
- The landmark pipeline will ensure a smooth, cost-effective and environment-friendly supply of petroleum products to Nepal.
- The 69 km long pipeline from Motihari in Bihar to Amlekhgunj in Nepal has been constructed by India in just 15 months, half of its 30 months deadline.
- The cost of the pipeline is around three hundred fifty crore rupees which are entirely borne by Indian Oil Corporation.
· National conference on crop residue management 2019 was held in New Delhi
- TheNational Conference of Farmers on crop residue management 2019 was held in New Delhi.
- The national conference was organized by the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfarein collaboration with the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR).
- The national conference proposed to intensifyIn-Situ Management of Crop Residue to stop the straw burning.
- During the conference, 20 farmers from Punjab, Haryana and Uttar Pradesh were honoured for their contribution in managing the crop residue by using identified agricultural machinery.
- The straw burning incidents in 2018 have reduced by 15% and 41% as compared to that in 2017 and 2016 respectively.
· ANGAN, an international conference, was held in New Delhi
- An international conference Augmenting Nature by Green Affordable New-habitat (ANGAN) was held from 9-12 September in New Delhi.The conference focus on Energy Efficiency in the Building Sector.
- The conference was inaugurated by Shri Raj Pal, Economic Advisor, Ministry of Power and Shri Abhay Bakre, DG, BEE.
- The conference aims to provide a platform to deliberate on the interdependence between organizations, systemic sustainability and feedback loops for better resource efficiency. It also aims to improve the efficiency in high energy consumption sectors at a reasonable cost. It will also provide thrust to address the challenges faced by the stakeholders.
· Jammu and Kashmir topped the highest consumption of iodized salt
- Jammu & Kashmirtopped the highest consumption of iodized salt and Tamil Nadu ranked last as the lowest consumption of iodized salt in the country. The study has shown 3% of Indian households use iodized salt with fifteen components of per million of iodine.
- Gujaratproduces 71% of salt in the country,It is followed by Rajasthan at 17%
- Tamil Nadu, being the third-largest producer of Salt in India, produces 11%
The rest of the country produces 1%of the salt produced
· PM Modi lanched National Animal Disease Control Programme
- PM Narendra Modi launched the National Animal Disease Control Programmefor Foot and Mouth Disease (FMD) and Brucellosis in Mathura, Uttar Pradesh. The government has announced that it will fund the 12,652 crore for the programme for a period of 5 years till 2024.
- The programme aims at vaccinating over 500 Million livestock including cattle, buffalo, sheep, goats, and pigs against foot and mouth disease (FMD). It also aims to vaccinate 36 million female bovine calves annually in its fight against Brucellosis disease.
- The programme hastwo components:
♦ to control the diseases by 2025
♦ to eradicate FMD by 2030
- FMD and Brucellosis diseases are very common among the livestock cow-bulls, buffaloes, sheep, goats, pigs etc. If a cow/buffalo gets infected with FMD, the milk loss is up to 100%which could last for four to six months.
APPSC GROUP 1 Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APPSC GROUP 1 Notes are as follows:-
- APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Tests and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022