- Second highest number of Hindi speakers in Rajasthan
- Rajasthan has the second highest number of Hindi speakers in the country making the desert state the ‘heart’ of the Hindi belt.
- Leading the pack is Uttar Pradesh where 94% of the population has registered Hindi as their first language while Rajasthan’s 89% populace speaks the same language, as per the census 2011 supplementary report released in December 2018. The census includes 57 languages as part of Hindi language including Rajasthani, Marwari, Mewari, Brajbhasha and Bagri which are prominently spoken in Rajasthan.
- The report says that in the scale of 10,000 people, Hindi is spoken by 8,939 people, 332 speaks Punjabi, Urdu (97), Bengali (12) and Gujarati (10). In actual numbers, 6.12 crore population had registered Hindi as their first language followed by Punjabi with 22.74 lakh, Urdu with 6.64 lakh speakers and Sindhi has 3.86 speakers. Surprisingly, 1 person in the same scale speaks each Kashmiri and Dogri language in Rajasthan.
- Other than the four linguistic minorities— Urdu, Punjabi, Gujarati and Sindhi — all languages in Rajasthan conflated with Hindi and broadly described as part of Hindi language. It includes—Marwari, Malvi, Dhundhari, Harauti, Mewari, Ahirwati, Shekhawati, Wagdi, Bagri and Nimadi. Rajasthan’s contribution in promotion of Hindi has always been underrated.
· New York Becomes Second US State To Ban Flavored E-Cigarettes
ð New York became the second US state to ban flavored e-cigarettes. following several vaping-linked deaths that have raised fears about a product long promoted as less harmful than smoking.
ð The health council passed emergency legislation proposed by Governor Andrew Cuomo outlawing flavored vaping products amid an outbreak of severe pulmonary disease that has killed seven people and sickened hundreds.
The ban comes into force with immediate effect. Michigan became the first state to declare a ban earlier this month, but that law has yet to be implemented.
ð The ban does not prohibit menthol or tobacco-flavored e-cigarettes.E-cigarettes have been available in the US since 2006 used as an aid to quit smoking traditional tobacco products like cigarettes.Their use among adolescents skyrocketed in recent years.
ð Vitamin E is a commonly used nutritional supplement but is dangerous when inhaled.San Francisco, the home of market leader Juul Labs, became the first American city to ban e-cigarettes in June last year.
· India to generate 175 GW of clean energy by 2022
- Union Minister for Science and Technology Harsh Vardhan the country was on course to generate 175 GW of clean energy by 2022.
- The energy 175 GW of clean energy production in the country, out of which 100 GW would be through solar and rest through other sources.
- The country has set a target of reducing the emission of greenhouse gases between 33 percent and 35 percent to combat climate change and global warming.
- The Ayushman Bharat holds the Health portfolio around 50 lakh people have availed themselves of benefits under it over the past year, and the government has spent Rs 7,500 crore.
- This synergy would help achieve the Prime Minister’s vision of making the country among top scientific nations by 2030
· Bharat Electronics Limited to deliver more Akash missiles to Indian Air Force
- State-run Bharat Electronics Ltdsigned a contract with the Ministry of Defence (MoD) in New Delhi. The main aim is to deliver its surface-to-air Akash missile systems to seven more squadrons of the Indian Air Force. They are at a cost of Rs 5,357 crore over the next three years. The contract with specialist infrastructure, the systems will be commissioned in three years at seven Air Force bases across the country.
- The contract with specialist infrastructure, the systems will be commissioned in three years at seven Air Force bases across the country.
- The company supplied the medium-range missile defence system to six Air Force squadrons in 2015-16 against an earlier order by the MoD.
- The missiles are designed and developed by the state-run Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and produced by the Hyderabad-based Bharat Dynamics.
- Akash is a medium-range mobile surface-to-air missile defense system .
- ISRO and DRDO ink MoUs to provide technologies for human-centric systems for Human Space Mission
- Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has joined hands with Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) for the development of human-centric systems for the Human Space Mission to demonstrate its human space flight capabilities.
- The technological capabilities existing in DRDO laboratories for defence applications will be customised to meet the requirements of the human space mission of ISRO.
- ISRO aims to demonstrate human spaceflight capability before the 75th anniversary of India’s independence in 2022.
- Air-to-Air Missile Astra successfully flight tested from Su-30 MKI
- India’s indigenously designed air-to-air missile Astra was successfully test-fired from the Bay of Bengal off the coast of Odisha.
- The beyond-visual-range missile was launched from Sukhoi-30 MKI as a part of user trials.
- Various radars, electro-optical tracking system and sensors tracked the missile and confirmed its engagement with the target.
- Astra has been designed by the DRDO, the premier research and development organisation of the armed forces in the country.
- The Astra is capable of engaging targets of different ranges and altitudes including long-range as well as short-range targets.
- Trilateral Exercise “SITMEX” Commences at Port Blair
- A maiden trilateral exercise SITMEX, involving Republic of Singapore Navy (RSN), Royal Thailand Navy (RTN) and Indian Navy (IN) started at Port Blair.
- The exercise aims to bolster the maritime inter-relationships among Singapore Thailand and India, and contribute significantly to enhance the overall maritime security in the region.
- This would also strengthen the mutual confidence amongst three navies in terms of interoperability and development of a common understanding of procedures.
- Indo-Thailand Joint Exercise ‘Maitree’ in Umroi
- Opening Ceremony of Indo-Thailand Joint Exercise Maitree was conducted at Joint Training Node, Umroi.
- Indian Army and Royal Thailand Army contingents put up a brilliant march past demonstration & weapons and equipment were displayed for the RTA Contingent.
- The exercise will culminate with a 48 hours joint exercise which will showcase the planning and execution of joint skills of soldiers while conducting any counter-terrorism operation.
APPSC GROUP 1 Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APPSC GROUP 1 Notes are as follows:-
- APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Tests and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022