- AP government to save Rs 628 crore from reverse tendering of Polavaram
- Andhra Pradesh chief minister YS Jaganmohan Reddy government emerged victorious as it received a bid for Polavaram main dam and hydel project at 12.6 percent less than the previous cost in the reverse tendering process. This is going to save a massive amount of Rs.628 crore to the exchequer.
- The state government has effectively cleared the apprehensions of the Centre by saving whopping amount of nearly Rs 700 crore in two packages of Polavaram project.
- The government will now seek clearance from the high court to go ahead with Meil as main contractor of the Polavaram project.
- International Day of Sign Languages: 23 September
- International Day of Sign Languages was observed on 23 September.
- The objective of the day is to raise awareness of the importance of sign language in the full realization of the human rights of people who are deaf.
- Sign languages are fully-fledged natural languages, structurally distinct from the spoken languages.
- The theme of the day is ‘Sign Language Rights for All’.
· Shondol dance of Ladakh enters the Guinness Book of World Records
- Shondol dancecreated history by entering into the Guinness Book of World Records as the largest Ladakhi dance. The dance was performed in the Naropa Festival 2019. The Guinness Book of World Records official adjudicate, Swapnil Dangarikar presented the certificate to the chairman, Naropa Festival Organising Committee, Drukpa Thuksey Rinpoche.
- In the occasion of Naropa Festival 2019, over 408 women dressed up in traditional dresses and beautiful headgears and performed the dance.
- Shondol dance is known as theroyal dance of Ladakh.
- It is a famous dance in which the artistes used to perform for the king of Ladakh.
· Ministry of Power conducted a National Conclave in MSME sector
ð Ministry of Power conducted the National Conclave on Enhancing Energy Efficiency in MSME sector in Delhi on 23 September. The conclave was jointly inaugurated by Shri Nitin Gadkari, Union Minister for Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) and Shri RK Singh, Union Minister of State for Power and New & Renewable Energy.
ð The centre is taking various efforts for the development of MSMEs with an objective to transform the sector through green and sustainable initiatives towards high growth. It is expected that the Energy efficiency measures would reduce MSMEs’ power bills and make them competitive in the international market.
- The aim of the conclave is to create a platform for pooling the knowledge and synergizing the effortsof various stakeholders. Various strategies will be set up to promote energy efficiency. It will also include discussion on key issues like technical and financial capabilities of MSMEs, capacity building and awareness programme.
· PM launched CDRI at UNSG Climate Action Summit
- Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modilaunched the Coalition for Disaster Resilient Infrastructure (CDRI)at the United Nations Secretary-General (UNSG) Climate Action Summit which is being held in New York. The summit is hosted by UNSG Mr. António Guterres. The summit aims to ramp up climate actions worldwide. PM Modi presented the country’s practical approach and roadmap to mitigate climate change in the summit. PM invited the UN Member states to join CDRI.
- The proposal to set up CDRI was initially approved by the Prime Minister on 13 August 2019. The supporting secretariat will be set up in New Delhi, India. The memorandum and regulations of the CDRI society will be prepared by the National Disaster Management Authority.
· Centre launched UMMID to tackle inherited genetic diseases
- Centre has launched theUnique Methods of Management and treatment of Inherited Disorders (UMMID) It was launched by the Union Minister for Science & Technology, Earth Sciences and Health & Family Welfare, Dr. Harsh Vardhan. He also inaugurated the National Inherited Diseases Administration (NIDAN) Kendras. It is supported by Department of Biotechnology (DBT) under the Ministry of Science and Technology.
- UMMID aims to tackle inherited genetic diseases of newborn babies. The initiative will ensure proper treatment to children and create awareness amongst the masses. UMMID initiative aims to work towards achieving wellness by promoting the prevention of genetic diseases under the National Health Policy, 2017of the government.
- UMMID is to be implemented at government hospitals in order to help the people who cannot afford expensive care for genetic disorders.
- The initiative will use cutting edge scientific technology and molecular medicine to extend Universal Health Coverage for all.
- Under UMMID initiative
(i) NIDAN Kendras will be established. It will provide counselling, prenatal testing and diagnosis, management, and multidisciplinary care in Government Hospitals (GH) where the number of patients are more.
(ii) Skilled clinicians in Human Genetics will be produced.
(iii) Screening of pregnant women and newborn babies for inherited genetic diseases will be undertaken in hospitals at aspirational districts.
APPSC GROUP 1 Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APPSC GROUP 1 Notes are as follows:-
- APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Tests and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022