The 1991 is a hallmark year as it launched Indian into a new era of economic freedom. It majorly changed our economy from controlled to a free economy. One of the ingredient was tax reforms. The major changes one can observed in the tax system are as follows:
- Widening of tax bases both by addition of tax payers and by addition of new taxes
- Reduction in custom and excise duties
- Lowering down of corporate taxes to give them vaccum to grow.
- Rationalisation of personal income tax rates and slabs
- Introduction of VAT in 2005. Thereby reduction of cascading effect of taxes.
- Simplification of filing of return. Eg. ITR SAHAJ for salary tax payers
- Introduction of GST
- Tax revenue as percentage of GDP has increased.
- Incorporation of IT infrastructure in Tax administration
- Major emphasis on TDS by Income tax department
[/lockercat]APPSC GROUP 1 Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APPSC GROUP 1 Notes are as follows:-
- APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Tests and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Detailed Complete Prelims Notes