The Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) which undertook the study on the feasibility of this prestigious project, submitted its report in July 2015. The project was approved by the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, in December 2015, to be implemented with Japanese technical and financial assistance. The memorandum of understanding for cooperation between India and Japan was signed on 12th December 2015. A new special purpose vehicle with 50 per cent equity participation from the Ministry of Railways and 50 per cent from the state governments of Maharashtra and Gujarat was to be set up to implement the project.
- Project implementation time will be approximately seven years from the commencement of construction.
- Japanese official development assistance will be ₹ 79, 165 crore (81 percent fof project cost) for 50 years with 0.1 per cent interest and a 15-year
- Certain identified packages would have either a Japanese company as prime contractor or a Japanese-led JV.
- Certain identified goods manufactured in Japan would be procured from
- Total length of the proposed corridor is 508 km between the Bandra Kurla complex in Mumbai and Sabarmati/ Ahmedabad in Gujarat.
- Sixty-four per cent of the corridor will be constructed on embankment, 25 per cent viaduct and 6 per cent tunnel, with a standard gauge.
- The stretch will cover 12 stations between Mumbai and Sabarmati.
- The maximum design speed will be 350 kmph with an operating speed of 320 kmph.
- It will have 10-car trains (750 seats) in the beginning and 16-car trains (1200 seats) in the future.
- Thirty-five trains per day each way will operate by 2023, which will go up to 105 trains per day each way in 2053.
APPSC GROUP 1 Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APPSC GROUP 1 Notes are as follows:-
- APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Tests and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Detailed Complete Prelims Notes