The Government of India set up Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) in March 2002 under the provisions of the Energy Conservation Act, 2001. It functions under the administrative control of Ministry of Power.
- The mission of the Bureau of Energy Efficiency is to assist in developing policies and strategies with a thrust on self-regulation and market principles, within the overall framework of the Energy Conservation Act, 2001 with the primary objective of reducing energy intensity of the Indian economy.
- The Major Regulatory Functions of BEE include:
o Develop minimum energy performance standards and labelling design for equipment and appliances
o Develop specific Energy Conservation Building Codes
o Activities focussing on designated consumers
o Develop specific energy consumption norms
o Certify Energy Managers and Energy Auditors
o Accredit Energy Auditors
o Define the manner and periodicity of mandatory energy audits
o Develop reporting formats on energy consumption and action taken on the recommendations of the energy auditors
APPSC GROUP 1 Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APPSC GROUP 1 Notes are as follows:-
- APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Tests and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Detailed Complete Prelims Notes