Case Study 12:
Fiscal deficit of country is increasing day by day and to curtail this, Finance Minister decides to merge several ministries and reduce personnel in the central services by 20% so that government spending should be checked. But opposition party is hardly raising any objection as they are occupied with onion price rise issue. Media is too busy covering IPL and bollywood’s controversies.
Vasu, an employee in the Cabinet secretariat feels both Opposition party and media have failed to perform their ethical duty to inform citizens about matters of public interest. Therefore, he starts writing anonymous blogs and tweets to inform public about the negative consequences of Finance Minister’s austerity measures. Is Vasu doing the right thing?
Answer key points:
- Vasu is not doing the right thing.
- Role of public servant is to obey the will of the community- articulated through the elected members including the said Finance Minister.
- Public servant has to remain politically neutral. Vasu is crossing his limits by his anonymous blogs.
- APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Tests and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Detailed Complete Prelims Notes