Climate change is inevitable. The best strategy to deal with climate change is adoption of practices to make our farming more resilient. ICAR has launched a network of project called NICRA. It stands for National innovation on climate resilient agriculture. The salient features of NICRA are as follows:
- It takes into account the critical assessment of different
crops/zones in the country for vulnerability of rainfall.
- It undertakes installation of state-of art equipment like flux towers for measurement of greenhouse gases in large field areas.
- It undertakes comprehensive field evaluation of new and
emerging approaches of paddy cultivation.
- The research on adaptation and mitigation covers crops,
livestock, fisheries and natural resource management.
5)The project consists of four components viz. Strategic
Research, Technology Demonstration, Capacity Building and
- APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Tests and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022