Difference between Hindustani and Carnatic Music:
- Carnatic music is a system of music associated with the southern part of the Indian subcontinent. Hindustani music is associated with North India and is deeply influenced by the Persian and Islamic music systems.
- Hindustani music is raga based while Carnatic is Kriti-based.
- Hindustani music stresses pure notes versus the gamaka-based Carnatic ragas.
- Raga essays (alapanas) are elaborated from note to note in Hindustani and from phrase to phrase in Carnatic.
- Hindustani has a separate repertoire for instrumental and vocal while Carnatic instrumentalists till recently played the same Kriti-based compositions as the vocalists did.
- The sarangi is a major accompaniment in Hindustani, while the violin reigns in Carnatic
APPSC GROUP 1 Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APPSC GROUP 1 Notes are as follows:-
- APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Tests and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Detailed Complete Prelims Notes