The mission spent some 3 weeks to discuss with the leaders of various political parties, but could not arrive at any agreed solution. So finally it announced its own recommendations on May 16, 1946. The major recommendation of CM was:
- There shall be union of India which was to be empowered to deal with the defence, foreign affairs and communications.
- CM recommended undivided India and rejected the demand of Pakistan.
- All members of interim government should be Indians and there would be minimum interference by the Viceroy.
- Formation of the constituent assembly on democratic principles of populations.
- Weak centre controlling mainly finance, foreign affairs and communications.
- All subjects other than the union subjects and all the residuary power would be vested in the provinces.
- The princely state would retain all subjects and all residuary powers.
- The representation of the Provincial legislature was to be break up into 3 sections: a) Section A: Madras, UP, Central province, Bombay, Bihar and orissa
- b) Section B: Punjab, Sindh, NWFP, Baluchistan
- c) Assam and Bengal
[/lockercat]APPSC GROUP 1 Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APPSC GROUP 1 Notes are as follows:-
- APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Tests and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Detailed Complete Prelims Notes