The Chola temples like Brihadeshwara temple and Gangaikondacholapuram temples took the Dravidian temple architecture to new heights.
- These temples had huge pyramidical vimanas and massive gopurams.
- These also had huge thousand pillars mandapas to house devotees.
- They were linked to wars and battles.
- They were linked to the greatness and power of the king.
- They also had idols of the kings and queens in them.
- During Chola period, the temples grew both horizontally and vertically. Many new structures came up within the temple compound.
But the temple architecture continued to flourish even after Cholas. Many massive and beautiful temples were built during Vijaynagar times and their nayakas.APPSC GROUP 1 Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APPSC GROUP 1 Notes are as follows:-
- APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Tests and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Detailed Complete Prelims Notes