The quadrilateral formation includes Japan, India, United States and Australia.All four nations find a common ground of being the democratic nations and common interests of unhindered maritime trade and security.The idea was first mooted by Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe in 2007. However, the idea couldn’t move ahead with Australia pulling out of it.
Quad is an opportunity for like-minded countries to share notes and collaborate on projects of mutual interest.Members share a vision of an open and free Indo-Pacific.It is one of the many avenues for interaction among India, Australia, Japan and the US and should not be seen in an exclusive context.
The major areas of cooperation are:
- Cooperation on counter terrorism
- Assistance in disaster relief
- Airtime security
- Cyber security efforts
- Free maritime trade and operations
Other than the cooperation is a tactical group to counter the growing influence of China and to ensure the maritime trade remain free as per the provisions of UNCLOS. India is seen as the natural entity to counter China in subcontinent.APPSC GROUP 1 Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APPSC GROUP 1 Notes are as follows:-
- APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Tests and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Detailed Complete Prelims Notes