Most of the countries are sovereign in nature, but their internal dynamics define the external relations with other country. And in this globalised word it is next to impossible to remain all aloof. The major reasons are:
- We are the part of the global world order and our commitment to global act and implementation on that depends upon our domestic effort eg. Implementing Montreal protocol, Kyoto protocol or any other conventions.
- Religious conflicts affect the external relations like UN putting sanctions on countries where persecution is done on religious lines like Sri Lanka, Mayanmar etc.
- Beyond governments, old and new media, trans-national groups and non-governmental organisations are quick to highlight internal conflicts in societies and then shape the international narratives on them.
- For most nations today, domestic economic policy and, increasingly, technology policy are shaped by a dynamic interaction between the internal and external. Few would contest the proposition that absolute economic sovereignty is unsustainable in a globalised world. While one can control the degree of exposure to the world, there is no room for absolute separation.
The idea of shared political values with the West played a critical role in ending the decades-old high technology blockade against India and improving the country’s standing in the West. India’s democratic values were of little strategic consequence during the Cold War, but they helped cement India’s strategic partnerships with the US, Europe, Japan and other Asian democracies in the new century. Hence it can be said that internal polity of the country determines the external discourse of the country.
APPSC GROUP 1 Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APPSC GROUP 1 Notes are as follows:-
- APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Tests and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Detailed Complete Prelims Notes