- Provincial LC enlarged. More elected members
- Some subjects were reserved and remained under the direct control of the Governor; others such as education, public health and local self-government were called transferred subjects and were to be controlled by the ministers responsible to the legislature.
- At the centre, there were two houses of legislature.
- Response of nationalists
- INC condemned the reforms as disappointing and unsatisfactory
- Some others , led by Surendranath Banerjea, were in favour of accepting the government proposals. They left the Congress at this time and founded the Indian Liberal Federation
- The governor could overrule the ministers on any grounds that he considered special
- The legislature had virtually no control over the Governor-General and his Executive Council.
The central government had unrestricted control over the provincial governments
- March 1919
- It authorized the Government to imprison any person without trial and conviction in a court of law.
SSC MASTERS will come out with more such initiatives to provide a level-playing field to aspirants who do not need or have access to coaching and provide strategic competitive advantage to our followers in every aspect of SSC preparation and to stand true to its endeavour of becoming ‘A One stop Destination for SSC preparation’. Please Subscribe ssc masters for regular update for ssc cgl preparation. Leave you reviews about SSC Masters in the comment box below and suggestions for ssc masters for innovative SSC CGL preparation.[/lockercat]APPSC GROUP 1 Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APPSC GROUP 1 Notes are as follows:-
- APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Tests and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Detailed Complete Prelims Notes