- Andhra Pradesh to provide financial aid to newly-married couples belonging to Backward Classes
- The Andhra Pradesh Cabinet has approved a new scheme providing financial aid for the newly-married couplesbelonging to the Backward Classes.
- Only the classes that have a white ration card or which are below poverty line are eligible. The bride must be above 18 years of age and the groom above 21. The couple will be gifted Rs. 30,000
- It is estimated that 40,000 marriages will take place in 2017-18. The government will spend Rs. 120 crore.
AP migrants welfare and development policy —
- The Cabinet approved the proposal of “AP migrants welfare and development policy” with Rs. 40 crore.
- This policy aims at the welfare, safety and rehabilitation of the Non Resident Telugu (NRT) people. As many as 25 lakh NRTs will be benefitted throught this.
- Under this policy, the NRTs will be provided skill development training, so they can earn enough income.
- The entrepreneurs among the Andhra Pradesh Non-Resident Telugu (APNRT) will be encouraged to invest in the state.
Capital Region Development Authority (CRDA) land allocations
- The state government is allocating lands to various companies with the view to get investments worth USD 6 billion to Amaravati in next ten years. With such allocations, the capital region will become a “vibrant economic hub”.
- With these allocations, famous universities and academic and medical institutes will be setup in Amaravati.
· Worlds First negative emissions plant starts operations in Iceland, turning carbon dioxide into stone
- The world’s first “negative emissions” plant that turns carbon dioxide into carbonate rocks has begun operations in Iceland.
- The EU-backed project at one of the world’s largest geothermal power plants in Hellisheidi, Iceland, will capture CO2from ambient air for permanent storage underground.
· HPCL becomes first Indian Oil Marketing Company to launch lubricants in Myanmar
- HPCL (Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd) has become the first Oil Marketing Company (OMC) from India to mark its presence in the lubricant market in Myanmar.
- HPCL has chosen commercial hubs of Yangon and Mandalay
· Union Textiles Minister Smriti Irani inaugurated the Indian Handicrafts and Gift Fair 2017 at Greater Noida
- Union Textiles Minister Smriti Irani today inaugurated the 44th edition of Indian Handicrafts and Gift Fair (IHGF) 2017 at India Expo Centre and Mart in Greater Noida.
- The five-day extravaganza hosting a gathering of over 2,980 exhibitors will have buyers coming from around 100 countries including China, Australia, the US and the UK.
- The exhibition will end on October 15.
· Kolkata to host International Puppet festival from October 26
- Kolkata will host International Puppet festival for the first time and the six-day long festival will commence from October 26 to 31.
- West Bengal principal secretary Tourism and Home Affairs Atri Bhattacharyawill be inaugurating the festival.
- Artists from the UK, Germany, Peru, Portugal, Italy, Lithuania, Brazil, Singapore and India would be participating in the festival.
- The puppet festival is aimed at regenerating the emotions attached to puppetry and it will be held at
· India proposed to operate a Sri Lankan airport near the Hambantota seaport
- India plans to operate a Sri Lankan airport on the southern tip of the island, where China has invested heavily as part of its Belt and Road initiative.
- China runs the seaport with a 99-year leaseand was planning to expand its footprint in the area with the refinery, which would be Sri Lanka`s largest, and an investment zone of about 6,000 hectares (15,000 acres).
- India has offered to set up a joint venture with Sri Lanka to manage and expand facilities at the loss-making Mattala airport, which sits adjacent to the Hambantota seaport.
- India Sri Lanka Joint Military exercise Mitra Shakti 2017 begins
- The fifth India-Sri Lanka Joint Training Exercise MITRA SHAKTI 2017 started with a grand Opening Ceremony conducted at Aundh Military Station, Pune.
- The exercise is based on Counter Terrorist Operations and an Infantry company from both the countries is participating in the same.
- The India – Sri Lanka joint training exercise MITRA SHAKTI 2017 in its fifth edition will send a strong signal to the world that both India and Sri Lanka understand the emerging threat of terrorism and stand shoulder to shoulder in countering this menace.
- DoP launches Sampoorna Bima Gram Yojana
- The Minister for Communications launched the Sampoorna Bima Gram (SBG) Yojana and an initiative for expansion of clientele base of Postal Life Insurance.
- All villages under the Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana will be brought under its ambit.
- Under Sampoorna Bima Gram (SBG) Yojana, at least one village (having a minimum of 100 households) will be identified in each of the revenue districts of the country, wherein endeavour will be made to cover all households of that identified village with a minimum of one RPLI (Rural Postal Life Insurance) policy each.
- Coverage of all households in the identified Sampoorna Bima Gram village is the primary objective of this scheme.
APPSC GROUP 1 Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APPSC GROUP 1 Notes are as follows:-
- APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Tests and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Detailed Complete Prelims Notes