· State govt begins process to invoke RAJPASA in Barmer crude oil theft
- The state government has initiated the process for invoking provisions of RAJPASA (Rajasthan Prevention of Antisocial Activities Act, 2006) in the high profile Barmer crude oil theft case.
- Rajasthan Prevention of Antisocial Activities Act, 2006, provides for preventive detention of bootleggers, dangerous persons, drug offenders, immoral traffic offenders and property grabbers for preventing anti-social and dangerous activities.
- Enacted by the Rajasthan Assembly on October 6, RAJPASA provides for detention of offenders for up to a maximum of one year. The grounds for detention will have to be disclosed to the detainee within three days of his arrest.
- “Exercise INDRA – 2017: Indo-Russia Joint Exercise”
- Exercise INDRA-2017, the first ever Tri Services Joint Exercise between Indian and Russian Armed Forces will be conducted in the Eastern Military District of Russia from 19 to 29 Oct 2017.
- Exercise INDRA in its pre6vious nine avatars has been conducted as a single service exercise alternately between the two countries.
- The year 2017 marks a major milestone as this Exercise has been upgraded to involve all the three Services of the Armed Forces (Army, Navy & Air Force), which further accentuates the importance of Joint Services in the present world environment.
- Exercise INDRA-2017 will be conducted at the 249th Combined Army Range Sergeevisky and in the Sea of Japan near Vladivostok.
· Prime Minister Narendra Modi to inaugurate All India Institute of Ayurveda in New Delhi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the All India Institute of Ayurveda at Sarita Vihar in New Delhi.
- The First ever All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA)has been set up along the lines of AIIMS.
- Within the short duration of its establishment, AIIA has gained a wide national and International recognition.
- It has started working to facilitate quality patient care, research and bridging the gaps in the scientific information about quality, safety, and efficacy of Ayurveda products and developing benchmarks of Ayurvedic education, research and healthcare.
· Punjab police launches foot patrolling in all districts
- Punjab police launched foot patrolling an initiative whereby police personnel will patrol designated areas on foot to keep a watch on anti-social elements.
- The main Objective of foot patrolling is to reduce incidence of crime by increasing the presence of police in vulnerable locations.
- All foot patrol officers will be wearing jungle boots, specially designed arm-band and will carry weapons, baton, handcuffs, and wireless sets.
· Mahindra launches ‘Prerna’ project for women farmers
- Auto manufacturer Mahindra and Mahindra celebrated ‘Mahila Kisan Diwas’ and launched a programme, ‘Prerna’ to empower women working in the agriculture sector.
- Prerna’ project is aimed at promoting the use of efficient and ergonomic farm tools and equipment by women who work long hours in the fields.
- It is first launched in Odisha, with an aim to positively impact the lives of over 1,500 families across 30-plus villages.
· Footwear Design & Development Institute Act 2017 Comes into Force
- Footwear Design & Development Institute (FDDI) declared an ‘Institute of National Importance’ under Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Government of India. The FDDI bill was passed by the Parliament in July 2017.
- The Provisions of FDDI Act 2017 have come into force.
- Presently FDDI is imparting skill based graduate and postgraduate courses in the fields of footwear, leather goods, retail, and management to around 2,500 students across eight campuses spread over India.
· Ayurveda 2nd Day is celebrated on 17 October
- This year’s2nd Ayurveda Dayis celebrated on 17 October in New Delhi by the Ministry of AYUSH.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will be the Chief Guest and will also inaugurate the country’s first All India Institute of Ayurveda, Sarita Vihar, New Delhi.
- The All India Institute of Ayurveda, set up on a total area of 10.015 acres on a budget of Rs 157 crore, is the first medical institute under the AYUSH ministry to hold the coveted National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare Providers (NABH) accreditation.
APPSC GROUP 1 Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APPSC GROUP 1 Notes are as follows:-
- APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Tests and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022