. Nagaland, Manipur, Assam and Tripura had been witnessing conflict since 1950-60 period, but since 1990, the intensity of conflicts started to decrease. Now the only state where prominent insurgency exist is Manipur. But in this region several armed factions operate. Some groups call for a separate state, others for regional autonomy while some extreme groups demand complete independence.
- Political solutions to the Assam problem should be discussed openly as widely as possible to avoid backlash from the tribal and the minority population of the state.
- A system of work permit should be issued so that the illegal Bangladeshi migrants do not end up as Indian citizens.
- The Autonomous District Councils should be empowered.
- Governance should be improved in a step by step manner. Strict supervision by senior officials should be initiated to improve the delivery system of the government.
- The Ministry of the Development of the North East region (DoNER) be merged with the North East Council (NEC) for better strategic planning and coordination of various developmental projects in the region.
- Focus of the Ministry f DoNER and NEC should be on investment in mega-projects which will make big difference to the development of the region.
- Institutional capacities in the North east should be developed urgently. Pragmatic land use policy should be formulated for attracting industries in the region. Micro, small and medium enterprises should be encouraged. Local tourism should be promoted.
Tourists residing in the eight North Eastern states should be encouraged to travel within the region. Niche tourism or high end tourism should be encouraged. Medical and higher education tourism should be encouragedAPPSC GROUP 1 Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APPSC GROUP 1 Notes are as follows:-
- APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Tests and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022