NHRC is a statutory body set up in 1993 by an act of the parliament. The commission is the watchdog of human rights in the country, that is, the rights relating to life, liberty, equality and dignity of the individual guaranteed by the constitution or embodied in the international covenants and enforceable by the courts in India.
Composition of NHRC:
The commission is a multi member body consisting of a chairman and four members. The chairman should be retired chief justice of India, members should ne serving or retired judges of the Supreme Court, a serving or retired chief justice of a high court and two person having knowledge or practical experience with respect to human rights. The chairman and members are appointed by president on the recommendation of 6 member body. Tenure is 0f 5 years or till they attain the age of 70 years.
The specific objectives are:
- To strengthen the institutional arrangements through which human rights issues could be addressed in their entirely in a more focussed manner.
- To look into allegation of excesses
- To complement and strengthen the efforts that have already been made in the direction.
APPSC GROUP 1 Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APPSC GROUP 1 Notes are as follows:-
- APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Tests and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022