Procedure for amendment is laid down in article 368 part XX of the Indian constitution. Following is the procedure for the amendment of the constitution:
- Amendment of the constitution can be initiated only by the introduction of a bill in either of the house.
- State legislature cannot introduce a bill for CA.
- The bill must be passed by special majority by separate house.
- There is no provision of joint sitting in the case of deadlock between both the houses.
- If the bill seek to amend the federal provisions then it must also be ratified by the state legislatures of half of the state by simple majority.
- After duly passed by both houses and ratified by state legislature, the bill is presented to the President for assent
- The president must give his assent, he can neither withhold his assent to the bill nor return the bill for reconsideration of the Parliament.
- After President assent the Bill becomes an act.
[/lockercat]APPSC GROUP 1 Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APPSC GROUP 1 Notes are as follows:-
- APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Tests and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Detailed Complete Prelims Notes