Article 61 outlines the impeachment of the president of India. We should note that no
president of India has been impeached so far. This very fact and the following process proves the fact that impeaching president is a difficult task. It requires 2/3rd majority of the total majority in the house. All other majorities are of low numerical strength. The process of impeachment is as under:
- The charge of violation can be preferred by any house of the parliament before other
- To start the proceedings 14 days’ notice is given
- This notice must be signed by minimum 25% (1/4th) of the total number of
- The resolution must be passed by 2/3rd of both the houses.
- After resolution is passed president is removed.
- During the process president has right to defend himself / herself
- APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Tests and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022