Fig: Andhra Pradesh-Political Map
The Eastern Ghats are not continuous and each section of this their own name. The Eastern Ghats are a major dividing line in the state’s geography. The Kadapa Basinformed by two arching branches of the Eastern Ghats is a mineral-rich area. The Ghats become more pronounced towards the south and extreme north of the coast. Most of the coastal plains are put to intense agricultural use.
The Rayalaseema region has semi-arid conditions, where average rainfall is very low. In this region dry conditions prevails and droughts are more recurrently occurring. Lambasingi (or Lammasingi), a village in the Chintapalli Mandal of Visakhapatnam district is situated at 1000 meters above the sea level. It is the only place in South India which has snowfall and is also nicknamed as Kashmir of Andhra Pradesh. Throughout the year the temperature here ranges from 0 °C to 10 °C.
Geographically, Andhra Pradesh can be divided into following categories:
- Deccan Plateau
- Central Plateau
- Eastern Highland
- East Coastal Plains
- Deccan Plateau-> the western part of Andhra Pradesh comes under Deccan Plateau region. It has semi arid climatic conditions. Ananthapur and Kurnool districts are under this region.
- Central Plateau->Cuddapah, Prakasham and Guntur district comes under central plateau. It his highland with low to high vegetation cover.
- Eastern Highland-> This region run parallel to Eastern Ghat. Eastern highland gets good rain through retreating and winter cyclones from Bay of Bengal.
- East Coastal Plain: These plain is often called Circar in this region. These coastal plains form large deltas from Godavari and Krishna river. Many irrigation project and navigation project are being setup in this region. This area consists of major ports like Vishakhapatnam. Lake Pulicat is brackish water lake on the eastern coastal plains.
[/lockercat]APPSC GROUP 1 Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APPSC GROUP 1 Notes are as follows:-
- APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Tests and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Detailed Complete Prelims Notes