- Andhra Pradesh ‘Abhaya’ first to draw on Nirbhaya Fund.
- Andhra Pradesh has become the first state in the country to get support for a women’s safety schemeunder the Nirbhaya Fundestablished by the Union government.
- The scheme, which is known as Abhaya, is envisaged to provide safety to women on road. As part of the scheme, autorickshaws in Vijayawada and Visakhapatnam will be fitted with devices enabled by the Internet of Things (IoT). This gives more accurate information on location of vehicle and by pressing a simple button on their mobile, women can directly send alerts to police on their command control system.
- At present, both the cities have about 50,000 autos. Of them, only about 15,000 are registered. As IoT is more updated than regular GPS system, the officials have chosen this method and explained to the selection committee for sponsoring the projects under the Nirbhaya fund various schemes. This is possible through ‘share my route’ application.
- Andhra Pradesh mulls floating solar power plant at Mudasarlova.
- The Greater Visakhapatnam Municipal Corporation (GVMC) has planned to set up India’s largest floating solar powerplant at Mudasarlova reservoir as part of the Smart City
- The project will have a power generationcapacity of 2,000 kilowatt peak (KWp), nearly 20 times the capacity of the recently-launched floating solar power plant in Kayamkulam, Kerala. Besides being environment-friendly, the project reduces demand for land and makes use of the unutilised surface area of the reservoir. The solar panels will also help in reducing evaporation from the reservoir to some extent.
- According to experts, floating solar panels have been found to be more efficient than land-based ones, but the challenge is in designing a system to make the panels withstand all weather conditions.
· India ranks 116 out of 157 nations on Sustainable Development Goal
- India ranked low 116 out of 157 nations on the 2017 Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) Index and Dashboard report released by Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN) and Bertelsmann Stiftung.
- The Top Countries in the Index are 2017 SDG Index were Sweden(1st), Denmark(2nd), Finland (3rd), Norway (4th), Czech Republic (5th).
- The SDGs are the set of 17 non-binding goals featuring 169 targets to be implemented from 2015 to 2030. They were adopted by member countries of United Nations at the 2015 UN Sustainable Development Summit held in New York.
- India contributes additional $1 million to India-UN Development Partnership Fund.
- India has contributed an additional $1 million to India-UN Development Partnership Fund launched to support sustainable development projects across the developing world.
- Earlier, India had made an initial contribution of $1 million when the fund was created. The amount was allocated for the implementation of a project benefiting seven Small Island Developing States in South Pacific Ocean.
- India’s first TISC to be established in Punjab.
- The Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) signed an Institutional agreement with the Punjab State Council of Science and Technology in New Delhi to establish India’s first Technology and Innovation Support Center (TISC) at Patent Information Centre, Punjab, under the World Intellectual Property Organization’s (WIPO) TISC program.
- The objective of the TISC is to stimulate a dynamic, vibrant and balanced Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs) system in India to foster creativity and innovation, thereby promoting entrepreneurship and enhancing social, economic and cultural development by establishing a network of TISCs in India.
- The Cell for IPR Promotion and Management (CIPAM) is designated as the National Focal Point for the TISC national network.
- Sandeep Patil named brand ambassador of indoor cricket team
- Former Indian batsman Sandeep Patil was named as the brand ambassador of the Indian Indoor Cricket Team.
- Patil, a member of the 1983 World Cup-winning squad, will be the face of the team in the lead-up to the 10th edition of the World Indoor Cricket Federation (WICF) World Cup, to be held from September 16-23 at the Insportz Club in Dubai.
- Indian scientists discover supercluster of galaxies – Saraswati
A team of Indian astronomers have identified previously unknown, extremely large supercluster of galaxies located in the direction of constellation Pisces. It has been named “Saraswati”.
A supercluster is a chain of galaxies and galaxy clusters. It bound by gravity consisting of tens of thousands of galaxies. It often stretches several hundred times the size of clusters of galaxies. So, galaxies are made of billions of stars and planets and grouped into clusters. These clusters of galaxies, in turn, are grouped together to form superclusters.
[/lockercat]APPSC GROUP 1 Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APPSC GROUP 1 Notes are as follows:-
- APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Tests and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Detailed Complete Prelims Notes