Air breathing propulsion system:
In order to provide thrust by the launch vehicles propellants are used. 70% of the constituent of propellant is oxidiser. So air breathing propulsion system utilise the atmospheric oxygen as an oxidiser to burn the fuel. Ramjet, Scramjet and Dual Mode Ramjet (DMRJ) are the three concepts of air-breathing engines which are being developed by various space agencies.
Reusable launch Vehicle:
A reusable launch system (or reusable launch vehicle, RLV) is a launch system which is capable of launching a launch vehicle into space more than once. This contrasts with expendable launch systems, where each launch vehicle is launched once and then discarded.
- Reducing the overall cost of the projects.
- The propeller used in RLV can be customised for multiple orbits.
- Air propulsion will significantly reduce the weight of the propulsion system.
- Due to cost effectiveness, and reduced cost of operation, India will attract more foreign business to launch their satellites.
- As it can be reused again, it reduces the growing space debris and thus it can seen as preferred clean space technology at international level which can further boost Indian’s space commerce industry.
[/lockercat]APPSC GROUP 1 Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APPSC GROUP 1 Notes are as follows:-
- APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Tests and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Detailed Complete Prelims Notes