Delhi has become a smoke chamber in the recent past especially in winters. The changes in temperature and slowing wind traps soot, dust fine and particulate matter. The reasons for air pollution are as follows:
- Burning of agricultural residue in Punjab and harayana.
- Farm stubble burning. This reason got aggravated because of the use of mechanical harvester.
- Burning of urban waste, diesel soot, vehicular exhaust, road and construction dust and power generation.
- Migration plus rising population beyond carrying capacity is another reason.
- Lack of consistent action from government.
India has 9 out of 10 most polluted cities in the world and increase in the worsening condition of air quality in Indo-Gangetic cities should compel a decisive shift in the policy. The way ahead can be:
- Need cooperation and convergence of policies from state and centre governments.
- They must address the burning of carbon. Reduction in the vehicular emissions with oxides of nitrogen and sulphur.
- The farm stubble should be changed into biofuel and biofertilizers by rational use of climate change fund.
- Construction permits shall be given in accordance with the law . Complete ban on illegal constructions after survey.
- Re orient investment to prioritise public transport, favouring electrical mobility.
- Sharply escalated, deterrent parking fees can be implemented.
APPSC GROUP 1 Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APPSC GROUP 1 Notes are as follows:-
- APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Tests and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022